What do you think i did to my ankle? I've never had an ankle injury before..?

i was talking to my friends and we were sitting on the green box ( electric boxes they are green in colour where we are. ) and then i leaned back a little, and fell off. yes lol, but i landed on my feet and fell over, and my left ankle went to the right a little, and it killed - not to the point of tears but it really hurt. I limped for a few minutes and tried walking, I can walk and all, but it hurts to use my ankle, the ankle and heel hurt with pressure. there is no swelling but it still hurts and its been at least 3 hours. what do you think it is? i dont think its a spain or a strain so what do you think it is? maybe a pulled muscle?

Best Answer

Sounds like a sprain to me. Get off of it, wrap it with an ace wrap (not too tightly), get an ice pack and sit with it elevated for 15-20 min. You can take an over the counter pain reliever/anti-inflammatory medication such as Advil or Motrin. If the pain increases or any other symptoms get worse see a Dr immediately. Use ice for the first 48 hrs, then you can use heat.