can i buy a car without a license?

i live in pa and am looking to buy a car for my gf and i. i am over 18 but dont have a license and she is under 18 for now but has her license. we need a car now or else we would wait.

also...i dont have any credit at the moment so do you think i would even be approved for a car?

any info would help

thanks!

Update:

p.s. im mostly worried about the not having credit part of it....

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Imadad
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

You can buy the car, you just can't register it and get plates, you would have to put it in your g/fs name... then you would have insurance, that's not going to be cheap under the age of 18, and as far as credit goes, that would depend on wether or not you have a job that can allow you to make payments, how long on the job, job security, etc. but in most cases you will not be allowed to title the car in someone else's name, why don't you have a license? I would go that route first

• 1 decade ago

Yes you can and you can also get it registered under non operational at the DMV. A license is not required to own a car but you cant drive it until it has insuance and you have a permit or a license.

Source(s): called dmv
  • 1 decade ago

Any institution, including you, can own a car. It has nothing to do with driving one.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.