Password Protected Web Pages?

I have a program call WebBuild Password Security. It allows me to create user names and password for access to certain folders within my web site. Along with the passwords, it allows me to paste a code within my html files that are only viewable

if user has loged in. I don't know any web programming languages except HTML.

I use dreamweaver for to create my pages. I'm looking for a software package that allows my users to change or create their own password. Will I need to set up a data base to do that? I hope not. I don't have any experience with databases and web page integration.

• Don M
    Best Answer

Most web hosting services require you to log in using a username and password to access there servers where your web pages and web site is stored so that changes can be made.

I am a little confused that you need an additional program when this is furnished by most all web hosts.

• dacruz

greater advantageous than probably, sure, you will choose a database, as you're speaking approximately 'dynamic' content (i.e. the person changing a password). This should be saved someplace, so a database or a minimum of a few form of scripting (ASP, Perl, and so on) would be mandatory.

More than likely, yes, you will need a database, as you are talking about 'dynamic' content (i.e. the user changing a password). This has to be stored somewhere, so a database or at least some kind of scripting (ASP, Perl, etc) will be needed.

yes