Mandy
Lv 4
Mandy asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Searching For Recipe??? Help??

There was this recipe I made once.

It had soda crackers on the bottom,

This caramel sauce over that,

And finally some chocolate chips or some chocolate sauce on top.

Does anybody know what this recipe is called or knows any recipes similar to that one??

Thanks =]

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Clare
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Was it this one?

Bark:

Saltine crackers

3/4 c. butter

3/4 c. sugar

1 (12 oz.) pkg. chocolate chips

Crushed nuts (optional)

Layer jelly roll pan with foil, then with saltines, touching each other. Cook butter and sugar on top of stove in saucepan until mixture is thick and boils, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes, or until it turns a caramel color. Pour over crackers. Bake in 350 oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overcook. Cool slightly, then sprinkle with chocolate chips (not quite the full bag). When chocolate is shiny, spread out with dinner knife. Sprinkle with chopped nuts. Place in freezer for 1/2 hour. Remove from freezer and lift out foil. Break into bite size pieces. Can be stored in freezer or cookie tin.

Or this one?

Saltine Toffee Cookies:

4 ounces saltine crackers

1 cup butter

1 cup dark brown sugar

2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

3/4 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).

Line cookie sheet with saltine crackers in single layer.

In a saucepan combine the sugar and the butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Immediately pour over saltines and spread t cover crackers completely.

Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Let sit for 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate and top with chopped nuts. Cool completely and break into pieces.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Kit Kat Bars

Club crackers

2 cups crushed graham crackers

2 sticks butter

1/3 cup granulated sugar

1 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup milk

Frosting:

1/2 cup semi-sweet choc chips

1/2 cup butterscotch chips

2/3 cup peanut butter

Grease a 9 x 13 pan and line with club crackers (lay the crackers in one direction) Set aside.

Bring the butter, crushed graham crackers, sugars and milk to a boil and cook over low heat for 3-5 min.

Spread half of the mixture over crackers. Lay another layer of crackers over the top. Cover with remaining mixture. Top with another layer of crackers. Make sure all crackers lay in the same direction.

Melt frosting ingredients in a double boiler. Spread over the top and refrigerate a few hours. Once set, separate into cracker sized bars. Keep in fridge.

I hope this is what you were thinking!

Source(s): From Betty's Pies Favorite Recipes
  • violet
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

CARAMEL CHOCOLATE CRUNCH

2 sticks butter

1 c. firmly packed brown sugar

12 oz. pkg. chocolate chips

3/4 c. finely chopped nuts

Unsalted saltine crackers

Bring to boil for 3 minutes the butter and brown sugar. Arrange saltines on unbuttered cookie sheet in a single layer. When butter and sugar have boiled 3 minutes, remove from stove and pour over crackers evenly.

Place in oven at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Remove and turn off oven and close oven door.

Sprinkle chocolate chips over bubbly mixture and return to turned off oven for 5 minutes. Remove and smooth chocolate like frosting. Sprinkle nuts all over. Cool and break.

• It's often called Ghetto Toffee and there are many recipes for it on the net.

My variation is called Double Chocolate Yummies and the recipe plus pics can be found here http://therepressedpastrychef.blogspot.com/2008/02...

Source(s): Personal experience :)
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

There are custom search engines that only search recipe sites. Maybe you could try using one of those and type in the ingredients? Try using this igoogle gadget from Findzer:

http://www.google.com/ig/adde?synd=open&source=ggy...

Type [soda crackers caramel chocolate] or something similar in the search field, maybe you'll find it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There seems to be a lot of recipes using those ingredients. I found this one on my favorite recipe site.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/soda-cracker-chocolat...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hello Mandy,

This is one of my favorite recipes. We call it crackle. It tastes a lot like English Toffee. It is delicious. It is actually called old-fashioned soda cracker candy! Here is the link to my website where it is posted.

http://www.the-chocolate-spot.com/soda-crackers.ht...

It has been great to help you with one of my favorite recipes. Good Luck!

Genesee from www.the-chocolate-spot.com

• 1 decade ago

i don't know. but try allrecipes.com. itshould help

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.