Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Looking for Books to Read?

I'm looking for some good books to read. I like books about fantasy type creatures (like vampires and werewolfs, fairys, etc) but I also like a bit of romance mixed in. Books about magic are cool too. I'm open to pretty much everything so if you could give some suggestions then that would be great. Please if it's not to much trouble, could you just give a little description, just so I know what the book is about...

Books that I've read and enjoyed:

Twilight/New Moon/Eclipse - Stephanie Meyer

Airhead - Meg Cabot

The Prophecy of the Stones - Flavia Bujor

A Great and Terrible Beauty/Rebel Angels/The Sweet Far Thing - Libba Bray

The Host - Stephanie Meyer

The Vampire Diaries - L.J Smith

Ophelia - Lisa Klien

City of Bones/City of Ashes - Cassandra Clare

Marked/Chosen/Betrayed - P.C Cast And Kristen Cast

Best Answer

'The Witch of Portobello' by Paolo Coelho, it is about love, passion, joy, and sacrifice of living a meaningful life

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, share the regrets, sorrow, solitude of each member of Ursula's family

Love in the Time of Cholera (same author), prove that true love waits

House of the Spirit and Eva Luna by Isabelle Allende, magical realism

Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel, mix love with food

Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway, another book that will leave a heartache

all works of Paolo Coelho, books that give life lessons

Phantom of the Opera, fall in love with Erik (the Phantom)

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas, love and revenge

Les Miserables by Victor Hugo, fall in love with Jean Valjean

works of Mitch Albom (Five People you Meet in Heaven and Tuesdays with Morrie), give life lesson, too

The Little Prince, return living like a child (not being childish, but having a childlike characters)

Read them!

Kelly Armstrong has written an amazing fantasy series called the Women of the Otherworld. There are all kinds of fantasy races, like werewolves, vampires, necromancers, sorcerors, witches, and half-demons. There is also romance, but not really...wine and roses romance, if you know what I mean. There are eight books so far. Bitten, Stolen, Dime Store Magic, Industrial Magic, Haunted, Broken, No Humans Involved, and Personal Demons. I hope this helped! Happy reading!

I love Meg Cabot (Heather Wells & Queen of Babble) and Sophie Kinsella's (Shopaholic [soon to be movie] & Remember Me) books. I am in the process of reading Emily Giffin's (Something Borrowed & Something Blue, Baby Proof) books. They are all great authors!

For a young adult I recommend Meg Cabot's young adult books. She is the best author. Also best selling. She wrote tons of books including the Princess Diaries (Movies based on her books), Mediator (upcoming movie), 1-800-Missing (TV show based on her books), Jinx, and more. She has adult books too, so you can grow with her.

If you want more info or meg cabot's website email me.

• ALEXIS

You might like some of these:

Neil Gaiman is an amazing author!

Any books by Scott Westernfeld or Neal Shusterman are really good too.

Any books by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes are amazing! There is In The Forest of The Night, Demon In My View, Shattered Mirror, Midnight Predator. And then there is the The Kiesha'ra series: Hawksong (the best in the series!), Snakecharm, Falcondance, Wolfcry and Wyverhail. (Vampire, Shapeshifters and Romance)

Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause (Werewolfs and Romace)

Abarat by Clive Barker, Make sue you get the hardcover version though!!! If you liked the first one be sure to check out the next book in the series Abarat: Days of Magic, Nights of War. (Fantasy)

The Abhorsen Trilogy (Sabriel, Lirael, Abhorsen) by Garth Nix (Fantasy/SciFi-ish)

The Maximum Ride series (The Angel Experiment, Schools Out Forever, Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports, The Final Warning) by James Patterson (SciFi-ish)

His Dark Materials trilogy (The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass) by Philip Pullman (Fantasy)

The Cry of the Icemark by Stuart Hill, If you liked this one, check out the next two Blade of Fire and The Last Battle of the Icemark. (Fantasy, lots of different creatures, big battles.)

The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray by Chris Wooding (SciFi-ish)

Inkheart and Inkspell and Inkdeath (coming soon!) by Cornelia Funke (Fantasy)

The Inheritance Trilogy by Christopher Paolini (Fantasy)

The Chronicles of Narnia (7 books) by C.S. Lewis (Fantasy)

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (Fantasy)

The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien (Fantasy)

The Wind Singer, Slaves of the Mastery and Firesong by William Nicholson (Fantasy)

The Sight and Fell by David Clement-Davies (Fantasy)

Source(s): Enjoy!

Here's an interesting few books:

the Black Angel - John Connolly

Atlantis/Crusader Gold - David Gibbins (hey, it has some romance in it...)

Hardboiled Wonderland and The End of the World - Haruki Murakami

White Noise - Don DeLillo

(I know, I know... all male authors. But hey, I'd give you a copy of mine if they were finished; if you like horror and magic, you'll love mine! But I'm afraid you'll have to wait a while, though...)

The Stephanie Meyer books are good.

There is also a little book called Companions of the Night that contains vampires and romance.

Source(s): I have a friend who loves vampire books. She says these are the best.

"The Phantom of the Opera" by Gaston Leroux

"Dracula" by Bram Stoker

"The City of Ember" by Jeanne DuPrau

"The Other Boleyn Girl" by Phillipa Gregory

"The Rose Without a Thorn" by Jean Plaidy

Good luck :)

Read some resident evil books they have a bit of chemistry between the characters and lots of zombies and other cool mutated monsters.

Stefani

its a horror novel but has a great monster/ creature.

It's At Gehenna's Door by Peter Beere.

i would recommend it to anyone, its one of those books that every time you read it there are little plots that you didn't notice the first time you read it.

Happy reading

XX

the saga of darren shan-darren shan

the demonata-darren shan

harry potter-jk rowling

....

hope i helped

XD