Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

If God created everything, why can't we blame him for leukemia?

http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200...

Many of the Christian answers to the linked question say that you can't blame God for leukemia.

Well, why the hell not?

Who created leukemia, if not God? Was it Satan? If you really think this, on what do you base your conclusion?

Juliaaaa - wow right back at you. Either post an answer or get out of the question.

Oh, dear sweet Fireball. Do not tell me what language to use. I am an adult and will speak however I feel.

Secret Agent of God - please explain your analogy. How is it like blaming Chrysler for drunk driving? Is Chrysler all-knowing? Is Chrysler all-loving? Is Chrysler all-powerful? Did Chrysler create the car, the man, the whiskey, and knew exactly how all three would combine to create a DUI accident?

Favorite Answer

God did not create evil. Everything God created is good.

Satan is the one that creates diseases.

The devil only comes to steal, kill, and destroy.

-John 10:10

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

What does leukemia do? It kills.

Does it destroy? Yes. It destroys families.

Does it steal? Yes. It robs people of their very life.

Source(s): www.biblegateway.com (NIV) Study Bible

Christ plainly and distinctly expressed the same when He said: "What a man sows, that shall he reap". He did not say, "can" he reap, but he "shah". That is the same as saying: he must reap what he sows.

How often does one hear otherwise very sensible people say: "It is incomprehensible to me that God should allow such a thing!"

But it is incomprehensible that men can speak thus! How small they imagine God to be with this remark. They prove thereby that they think of Him as an ",arbitrarily acting God".

But God does not at all directly intervene in all these small and great cares of men, such as wars, misery and other earthly matters! From the very beginning He has woven into Creation His perfect Laws, which automatically carry out their incorruptible work so that all is accurately fulfilled, forever taking effect uniformly, thus preventing any preference as well as any prejudice, an injustice being impossible.

Hence God has no need to trouble Himself especially about this, His Work is without flaws.

But one of the principal mistakes so many people make is that they only judge according to Gross matter, regarding themselves as the centre therein, and taking into consideration one earth-life,

God set the basic plan in motion. With that in mind, I think we can blame Him. However, I personally believe that while there are things in life that are not fair, this case being one of them, that were God to control everything then we would be robots. I would rather be a creature of free choice in an imperfect world than a robot in a perfect one. I strongly suspect that God has placed limits on how much evil and unfairness we can experience, and without those restraints things would be much worse than they are. Satan is simply the name given to man's selfish or earthly nature at a time when mankind was naive about the concepts of science we recognize today. Evil no more exists than does cold or dark. Evil is a lack of good, dark is a lack of light. What you are questioning is one of the many reasons I left my Southern Baptist upbringing and became a firm atheistic agnostic. But then I heard about the Baha'i Faith and eventually became one. It was not that I found something to believe in, it was I found something so logical, so profound and rational I found it impossible to not accept. I went into studying it only to try to rescue a friend from what I thought was a cult.

I think I may be able to find a way to bring some comfort and maybe even a bit of understanding into that poor, suffering father's heart, but I would rather do nothing than to add to his burden. However, since there is a "good Christian woman" who was and may still be trying to get me banned and get pulled as many of my answers as she can that mention the Baha'i Faith, I dare not ask anyone to email me or even look at my profile. But I sure would like some advice on what to do here.

By the way, she wrote "F**k you!" in one of my questions that had nothing to do with religion and then managed to get that question pulled. She very explicitly made her threat, and then blocked me while continually sending me very vulgar, insulting and threatening email messages. I am going to leave this the way it is for a while, but I am going to edit it and delete part of it before too many hours pass.

Adam and Eve were created perfect, and would have lived forever in perfect health on a paradise earth (and so would have we). God did warn them that things would go badly if they left his guidence, however they chose to follow Satan instead, who lied to them.

Things will get better in the future though, and if you want to be a part of that world, you will need to learn about the truth and stop being deceived.

Genesis 3:3-4

But as for [eating] of the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden, God has said, ‘you must not eat from it, no, you must not touch it that you do not die.’”. At this the serpent said to the woman: “you positively will not die.

Revelation 21:4

And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

2 Peter 3:9

Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.

John 17:3

This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.

Source(s): Attending a free Bible study with the Jehovah's Witnesses Exodus 6:3 (King James Version) And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them. http://www.watchtower.org/
  • Mike S

I am sorry if you are sick. But it is true the God allows sickness and pain to continue, he did not cause it. We all inherited sickness and death from our first parents Adam and Eve. Romans 5:12 So right now it is difficult to deal with. I just lost my cousin with MS. She was young. But what we experience now is only temporary. God promises to reverse all the wrongs of the earth, even sickness and death. Revelation 21:3-4 seys that "sickness will be no more" Yes everyday of your life you will wake up healthy. Psalms 37:8-11talks about a time of peace on earth forever. And the prophesy in Isiah 65 talks about a time when the earth will be a paradise. So to take advantage of this wonderful promise you need to take action. John 17:3 talks about accurate knoledge of God. He has been so misinterpeted today. God does not want you to be sick. He wants people to be happy and healthy and at peace with one another. One day he will make that happen. Its up to you to be there. 2Peter 3 Psalms 145:16 Matthew 4:23

I have no idea why we cannot blame God for all the horros that man face today, even though he knew full well that they would come about, as he knows everything, and could easily stop them.

I wouldn't wish any disease against anyone, but clearly he doesn't mind if people suffer terribly, which to me makes him sound like a barbaric uncaring pillock with a complete disregard for intelligent life.

I don't believe in him, though, and think it far more appropriate to try and deal with these things, help those suffering from them, and help scientists find cures by whatever means I can, such as donating to medical charities.

People do blame Him for leukemia and a myriad of other things. Fact of the matter is that we live in a fallen world, polluted and corrupted by sin. These are the leftover consequences from the initial sin in the garden of eden.

Blessings

We must blame Adam and our human nature because there was no illness until Adam disobeyed God.

Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

(KJV)

If Adam had not sinned there wouldn't be any kind of sickness in the world.

I dont know why christians are saying you cant blame him....because he did create it,along with every other illness,plauge,cancer in existence. However in my faith he says that for every sickness,there is a cure. So god make luekemia but he says thers a cure.Humans just need to find it...

God made everything with a purpose in society. All the bad things in life are from the devil so don't blame God for things that happened to someone that you know. God is everything that is good, know that!