can getting a tattoo on the inside of your lip while in the first trimester of a prenancy affect the baby?

• Favorite Answer

Your immune system is already overworked during pregnancy, meaning the healing time for a tattoo is longer and more difficult--making it susceptible to infection. Oral tattoos are more likely to become infected than a skin tattoo because your mouth is full of bacteria.

If the equipment is unsterilized, you could contract a BBP, like HIV or hepatitis.

Inner lip tattoos are painful and need to be touched up every six to twelve months to prevent fading. Not really worth it, pregnant or not.

Ok honestly, what is the point of a tattoo on the INSIDE of your lip? Who the heck is gonna see that? That's like getting a tattoo between your toes, more pain than it's worth since nobody ever sees there. I wouldn't suggest it at all, let alone during pregnancy, but talk to your OB and see what they say..

• Excuse me, but why in the world would you even think about getting a tattoo while you're pregnant? Almost anything you do while you're pregnant can affect not only you but your baby as well. Your maternal instincts should have kicked in the moment you found out you were pregnant. I posted a link below.. Hopefully it's going to give you some insight on it.

• You are not suppose to get tattoos when pregnant. Especially not the inside of your lip. If that was to get infected that is a direct line right into your blood stream. Which your baby would have direct contact with. Why risk it?

why would you want a tattoo on your lip? I wouldnt get one done while I was pregnant, especially during the first trimester.

Even if the person who would do it was clean and the equipment clean there is still the chance of infection. The mouth including the lip is a very dirty place. I would wait.

i like interior-of-the-lip tattoos, i think of they're hilarious. Creepy? How approximately... "possessed", "call 911", "lifeless", "666" ...stuff such as you may see on a sprint evil youngster in a horror action picture or something.

tattoos are not safe to get while pregnant. Besides, I don't think any legit tattoo parlour will do it any way.

Tattoo parlors will not give tattoos while you are pregnant, it does affect you.

You're not supposed to get tattoos while you are pregnant.