What is the best fuel efficient all wheel drive car 07/08?

What do you think is the coolest looking / best performance car out there. I'm looking but cannot make up my mind, I am leaning towards the caliber. I also want awd. the winter out here is horrible. I also have to do alot of highway driving on two lane highways (scary) so safety options is a must seeings as I travel with my kids. Please help me. I also dont want to buy for over 25000 on it canadian.

Thanks everyone really appreciate the good answers, oh and katie thanks for using my ? for points. Im sure the rest really appreciate it.

Best Answer

There will be a diesel version of the Subaru Legacy very soon that is said to get 35-40mpg. It might be hard to get one for $25k Canadian though. Hybrids are pretty much out as they cost to much and are usually not AWD. If they are AWD, they are way out of your price range. Try copy and pasting this link. I apologize for the length. I just went onto Yahoo.com and went under autos, new cars and then started clicking on different options.

http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/?msrp=1&sort=mpg&...

• flavin

Why do you think of you pick 4-wheel force? do not supply me that crap approximately utilising in snow and ice until you reside in Alaska, because of the fact in maximum states, snow and ice purely occurs 2-3 months of the 300 and sixty 5 days and that they've snow plows that do away with the slippery stuff from the roadways. you will likely in no way force in circumstances that particularly need 4-wheel force. in case you p.c. a gas effectual motor vehicle under $5000, then seem for a eastern sedan like a Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla. purchase a sturdy set of iciness tires in case you think of you pick them.

• Chad D

You should look at Subarus. Something like an Impreza wagon or used Legacy GT wagon would be good for you.

lexus hybrid. 400h. its awesome. and it doesnt use too much gas and its soo quiet. its not all loud and obnoxious like diesels r non-hybrid cars.

Mazda CX-7

My parents have one, and they love it, totally not a grandpa car.

And it's quick!

Subaru....

Or look at this Fusion: http://fordvehicles.com/fusion

lexus hybrid