TBone
TBone asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Do two people with codependent personalities ever make a long lasting relationship?

I mean emotional codependancy. They try to get the upperhand and a pretty insecure with one another.

she tries to make him jealous so he wont leave her, he gets jealous of guys hitting on her online (internet relationship)

he has admitted to her he is insecure

Best Answer

JJ, before a person can be in a successful relationship they must like themself, personally, before anyone else can. To be secure and trusting of another, one must first be secure and trusting of oneself.

Anything is possible, the two emotional codependents may be able to work out something that works for them, but it doesn't sound likely to me. But tht's just my opinion.

That is a pretty big general question for anyone to answer, you sound like you are frustrated.

If you want to try to make it work, try CoDa; Codepandants Anonymous. Old habits are hard to break, but contrary to popular belief, you can relearn, reteach, rethink yourself or both of yourselves into new ways of thinking, acting and behaving. I am a firm believer in any 12 step program.

• waste

what you gave her wasn't from the middle. so it wasn't a cutting-edge. you may desire to enable it go. you may desire to be prepared to help somebody alongside the line. no longer each and every person is a sturdy student yet you curiously are a reliable instructor. Too undesirable she is ungrateful sufficient to stand on your head to step up yet no longer attain her hand right down to strengthen you up besides. She's no longer great. you're able to truly purely think of her way of existence is vast. go locate your person direction. in short there at the instant are one hundred billion human beings in the international how the heck might desire to she be the only real or proper one for you. don't get caught on stupid. and in case you like it residing nicely is the excellent revenge

• Bob H

I doubt it. Two people can't play the same role in the same play. But if they have to, one will take a new role. It's like an alcoholic getting sober; he finds he's no longer needed, leaves, and the group/family must find a new one.