Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Atkins? How long to lose weight?

While on Atkins, how long does it usually take to lose weight?

How much weight would you lose in a week?

Thank you!

Lol, I know I can be a total carboholic but at the same time I'm a CARNIVORE! lol

WOW, is it okay if I were to eat one peice of bread a day in order to maintain my health?

I'm only doing it for two and a half months to shape up for seventh grade, I'm not gonna die thank you very much!

Best Answer

Generally, a healthy way to lose wieght is to lose 2 pounds a week so any healthy diet should take hwoever long it should losing 2 pounds a week.

Generally, the atkins diet has been proven to be the worst diet around for sustaining wieght loss, you may lose it quick, but you'll put it all back on + more as soon as you cut it out. Which of course would have to be quick or you'd die of anorexia. So IMO, just don't go on the atkins diet!

Get a cross trainer, go on it for half an hour a night, make sure you count your days calories so you know how many to burn. The only way to really lose wieght is to burn more calories than you've eaten in that day.

Actually atkins does not have you cut out vegetables. I hate when people make comments based on hear say if you did your research the majority of your food intake should be 70 percent vegetables. Does limit fruit in first two weeks but after that you can eat fruit. If people get sick they are not doing correctly. I did atkins after my daughter was born i have not put on weight for three years. So based on that I guess people who are vegetarians should be sick to. Huge misconception that you just eat steak and eggs not true at all. Look up the complete truth on www. Atkins.com. Anyway what is bad about taking out sugar starch and unsaturated fats which are all bad for you

Source(s): Www.atkins.com
  • Marta

I lost 10 pounds my first week. Not OK to have a cheat day...Atkins works because it burns fat once there is no more sugar to burn. Fat burns faster than sugar. It will basically stop the process and you have to start over again to get your body back into ketosis. Its especially a bad idea while in induction. Ive lost 50 pounds in 2 months...and have gotten used to not eating bread, pastas, and sugars. Ive introduced fruit and whole wheat grains into my diet (in moderation). Im not continuingto loss weight at the level I was, but Im not gaining.

i wouldt do that . I lost a stone in like 3 weeks by getting my act together . The thing is if you want to lose weight unfortunately you do have to work for it . So i stopped over eating and started doing a lot more excersize . Drink more water too because its filling and detoxifying. Eat small meals regularly so that you get just enough balanced food to take you through the day .

pick up a 5 or 10 pound weight at the gym and visualize that weight coming off holding the weight in your hands helps bring home just how heavy even 5 pounds of extra fat can be

I've lost 5 kilos in my first week. It's my 10th day and I have included salad with some protein (eg. egg/ lean chicken) as you suggested. After 4 years of trying, the fat is finally coming off. It truly feels like magic!

Get started today!

If you're only in the 6th grade, it definatly isn't healthy. It's bad enough for fully grown adults to go on, yet alone kids who are still growing quickly and NEED carbs for healthy living.

People have been put into hospital on this diet, it's not healthy.

Contrary to popular belieif, carbs are not the enemy.

atkins is horribly unhealthy and even doing it for a short time will affect your health for the long run. try to live a vegetarian lifestyle, lots of fruits and veggies and whole grains

It should be noticeable by day 3. Keep your carbs under 20 a day. Drink lots of water, stay away from diet soda. I would start to lose a lb a day without exercise. Good luck!

Source(s): Experience. -40 lbs in 40 days. +40 lbs after stopping in 6 mos.

cut your lawn with a push mower for 17 minutes