Maria T asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Help... what does this mean??

So.. I have obsession with my hair while i am out partying . When I wear my hair down, I am constantly caressing and swirling it. Any ideas.. on what it means???

Favorite Answer

The hair twirling is a stim. Self-stimming is to hype up the nervous system or to calm it down. Probably in your case it is to calm down since you do it partying (around a lot of people)

I do this too, and many more stims

Source(s): nurse

It could mean that you're nervous. O.o

Or maybe your confidence is within your hair, so you are constantly messing with possibly because it brings you comfort.

Think about it.

I mean, if I was wearing a brand new, beautiful top that absolutely flattered my body, I'd check it out every time I passed by a mirror just to make sure it looks okay - because that's where I placed my CONFIDENCE.

So, maybe subconsciously - or consciously - your mind is making sure "it's still there" or that "it still looks good," so that you can continue to party without being shy or whatever. (;

hope you get what I mean, lol.

It really means nothing, you just need to find something to do with your hands. Keep a glass in one and wave to people with the other one. Are you a hairdresser by chance?

Nervousness. Or if you are speaking to or are around someone you are attracted to it could mean you like that person, you are flirting or possibly a little shy. I don't think it means anything bad though. :)

If it's not causing you any problems... it really means nothing except you do it.