What was the best successful excuse you gave a traffic cop to get out of a ticket?

When asked if I had a reason for speeding I replied, "Yes, but not good enough to get out of this ticket." He laughed and gave me a warning ticket. So they do have a sense of humor. LOL

Best Answer

Honesty is always the best policy. People who flat out lie to me or call me a liar always get a ticket.

Source(s): Me Police Officer

I said, "I'm sorry officer (deputy, trooper, etc), I was speeding I promise I'll pay more attention to the safety of others and it won't happen again."

"My ex-girlfriend left me for a cop, and I thought you might be trying to give her back."

He laughed and gave me a warning.

That's a good one. How about, "I had to take a massive bowel movement. It was at the point of a 'turtle head'.?"

I'm sorry, I didn't realize how fast I was going, and it will never happen again.

I showed them my badge. hahahah