Why there is no advice on how to be straight?

We often heard and most of us believe that 'Where there is a will, there is a way ." .However, it seems that every time when someone asks how to become straight, the answers have always been "you can't change who you are" or " why not accept who you are."

I just don't want to accept it and I believe that I can fight it only if someone shows me how. I don't believe that I was born this way and I believe in the Kinsey Scale. All I want to do is to move from the gay side to the heterosexual side. I am still young and flexible. It should not be too difficult. Please help me.

Favorite Answer

I recommend that you seek professional help. Your issues are far to complicated to get into in this format. There are people who believe you can change your sexual orientation, but finding them in this group will be more than difficult. Good luck with your future either way.

• Joel S

hmm this is a first. A guy guy whom does not think he was born that way? Well let's see if I can answer? It sounds like you don't really like lables either. I do not believe that you were per say born that way but @ the same time I don't think one can "detox" it out of themselves. I like the Kinsey scale as well. I believe sexuality lies on a specturm and most of us would actually fall somewhere in the middle. But I believe that if you really wan't to do this, do not get sexually involved w/ males. Keep that strictly @ a friendship level. Okay, sure it does not make you straight, but you just won't open any doors.

You are still young, so It may be just a phase(assuming that you are a young adolescent).

Have you tried dating a girl? If not, give it a shot, you might like it.

P.S. even if your gay side does fade over into the hetero side, I doubt that your gay side will COMPLETELY go away.

If you attend a Christian Church your pastor or priest may be able to help you. I've heard of camps or retreats where they think living a Christian life, and having the support of other Christians will help people to be straight instead of Gay. But from what I've heard these programs don't always have the best success rate.

Other than that perhaps a mental health professional could help you. I'm not saying that being gay or bi-sexual is a mental disorder. (I am bi) But these are the only two suggestions I have for you. Perhaps talking to a counselor or psychiatrist could at least help you deal with your feelings even if they don't have a "program" to help you change.

• Wow the Kinsey Institute doesn't even support the Kinsey scale - but go on and be straight...

I now pronounce you straight- there you have it- you are straight no more sexual attraction to same sex, no more homosexuality, enjoy life- live long and prosperous and parent many illegitimate children so I can pay more taxes...

Denial isn't a river in Egypt and it doesn't flow through this forum...

• AD

If you really want to be straight then the only thing I can suggest since there isn't some magical pill that makes you straight is to talk to a therapist. Religious guys will just tell you to "pray the gay away" and others will just tell you to accept it. Neither statement will help you if you feel so strongly about going straight.

• Lou

Seems like a "telling question," not an "asking question," as any kindergarten teacher would say.

Of course you don't want to accept it, why would you? Let's see; prejudice, accusation of being immoral, inferior...jee, just what the "average" person want to feel. Wrong!

To accept who you are is one of the most difficult tasks in life. Please remember the "alcoholics prayer:"

"Try and change the things you can change, don't try to change the things that can't be changed, and have the wisdom to know the difference."

It's a tough struggle, but you'll make it.

Just like you said everyone else says lol, you are who you are. I don't believe ANYONE is born gay, bisexual, or anything. It's things that shape you into that. You just are. If you're thinking of this...maybe you're not even sure you're gay? Just a thought. If you're looking to be what YOU think is 'normal', realize you might be happier being you. There have been comedic movies about 'Gay Camps' that turn you straight...because it satirizes the fact you can't change who you are.

ok and im sick fed up of people trying to be who they are not!forget your stupid scales and blah blah the fact that you so obviously mentioned is that your fighting it if you wanted to be straight you wouldnt be fighting it there would be nothing to fight what is it thats got you so determined to be striaght? bullying, parents that refuse to accept you loss of friends, the area your in isnt as mature as the rest of the world to relise being gay is here and is staying. seriously u cant give us that sort of info and say its logical your fighting it because its exactly that your fighting what you are there is no one that can show you how because it cant be done all u do is brain wash yourself by putting up barriers that eventually crumble and leave you in a worse state than you are right now what is it thats so hard for you to accept? email me u need proper discussion with someone willing to listen and give u some serious advice

Let me ask you; "How do you make me gay?" There is not one gay bone in my body. So how do you make me want what I don't wanT? The only reason you want to change, is because you feel you are doing something wrong. Who you are is not wrong. What is wrong is are life, where we as the people can't allow others to be what they are. There is nothing wrong with you and don't let anybody tell you other wise. I'm straight...not by choice, but by nature. How do you change my true nature?

This is not somethign you can just change. You were born this way for a reason. Accept it, there is nothing wrong with it. I'm sure people love you for who you are not who you like. Don't fight it,. You can't change this, that's a fact.