Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Looking for Liz Taylor movie where she disclosed sexual abuse?

I thought it was maybe Butterfield 8, but then I thought it was a Hitchcock movie. She's talking about her stepfather, and she says something like, "One time when my mother was away, he took me upstairs and taught me more about being a woman than any 13 year old should know."

OK so one person said "Yeah I think so", and another said "You are so right" - but I mentioned two things - Hitchcock and Butterfield 8. Which is it?? Please, can someone just confirm the name of the movie?

• TL
    Favorite Answer

Okay,Baby! Breath and relax! First, Elizabeth Taylor NEVER worked with Alfred Hitchcock(although one of his later films,"Marnie"did touch on the subject of sexual abuse) But to ansewer your question,the film you're looking for is,indeed "Butterfeild 8". She plays Gloria Wundrus (a prositiute but the word itself is never used)and she confesses to her mother(Mildred Dunnock)that she was sexually abused as a young girl. She won an Oscar for a performance in a film she despised making(the last film under contract to MGM to capitalize on her "fallen woman "status as a result of her marriage to Eddie Fisher) She nearly died in London after the film's release and has been quoted as saying,"They gave me The Oscar for not dying"

You are so right

'' She then recounts that when she was 13 years old, Major Hartley, a friend of her widowed mother, had repeatedly raped her while her mother was away for a week. Even though Gloria felt intense shame for having enjoyed the attention, she subsequently made a life out of repeating the incident.''

Silent Fall, star : John Lithgow, Richard Dreyfuss

sounds maybe like "Mommy Dearest" maybe - oops that's Faye Dunaway

WOW........I THINK SO!!!!:[[