Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

is this tacky?

My sons initials are K.C and My husbands initials are K.C. how tacky would it to name our next baby Kasey/Kaycee??

I call my husband by KC and not his real name

• geegee
    Favorite Answer

Not tacky but perhaps confusing if the baby and the Dad are called the same thing (Kacy and KC).

Pretty tacky. I think matchy names are super tacky, and especially if your son's or husband's names are said with a hard 'k' sound, or have a 'kay' in the beginning, like 'Kayden'. It might be less icky if you spelled it properly, like Casey. Kaycee is just tacky and makes the silly matching thing more obvious.

ETA: If you call your husband KC, find something else! This is an awful idea, because you would have two people with names said 'kay-see'. ICK! If you feel the need, use Casey as a middle name or something.

I think it would be better to give her the initials KC.

Katherine Claire

Katarina Claire

Kelsey Cate

and so on

I personally dislike Kasey and Kaycee. I just see someone with that name at Harvard one day.

I think it would be very cute but maybe a bit confusing. My 3 yr old daughter's name is Kacie-it fits her perfect-she is spunky and outgoing! We chose this spelling b/c our older daughter's name is Mackenzie and we wanted the letters ie at the end. We have a hard enough time keeping their names straight...but just think when you need help just call out KC and all of your family will come running :0) Good luck!

I think that's very cute. I like both, Kasey and Kaycee. Go for it girl!! Good luck to you!

• smm

i think it's fine. i would go with Kasey, or Casey though. i don't like kaycee very much.

It would be confusing in the future I would think when people are talking about one or the other the other person may get confused. It is a really cute name, though.

no one would notice.. i love the name spelled Kaycee..

To keep the initials going name her..

Kaycee Claire

Kaycee Cara

Kaycee Cera

Kaycee Chasity, etc

Good Luck =]

Kaycee is cute ♥

a little tacky but not the worst thing ive ever heard