Who was gonna take a sentimental journey?

Best Answer

Doris Day!

• steve

Doris Day taking that sentimental journey home

Well, I thought all of us and Les and his guys and Doris all agreed to catch this train at seven and ride this YA Special back home. If anyone made the mistake and got on the Limited and not on the Special well I am real sorry. Ain't it just the luck that we all got a window seat, too, so as we can all look out and watch the miles and miles of years pass by as we make our way back home. Clickety-Clack, Clicklety-Clack. Wow ! Ain't we movein on now. I sure am glad that you decided to come along. I sure am glad that I did, too. I'll get off at just a little whistle stop after awhile and y'all will go on into the station. Hope to see you on the return trip. Do we really have to make the return trip or can't we just stay at home and e-mail each other ? Maybe I'll just stay out on the ranch when I get there cause I kinda feel best suited for the Fritter Ranch. You can get the boy out of the country but you can't get the country out of the boy. No Way !

Source(s): Texan

Doris Day. She was, and still is, one of my favorites for singing and acting. One of the things I admired about her was her perfect posture. She always looked stunning. Her rendition of "Sentimental Journey" and the Christmas Song "Silver Bells" are beautiful.

I read this week that she refused an interview by Oprah. The article said that she prefers to remain in seclusion.

Doris Day and Les Brown's Band of Reknown

I left my lethally uninteresting abode whilst i replaced into 17 and went to London. I lived in a tiny room in south London. i've got been returned there, even if it is all replaced. it is been gentrified. the shop on the corner has long gone, so has the pub on the top of the line, merely the place it joins the previous Kent street. yet what a super time I had whilst i replaced into there all those years in the past - 1968. plenty replaced into happening, and that i've got been given into all of it. yet sentimental journeys have their unfavourable aspects.

Yes, my recollection of the song was sung by Doris Day. Good question for Senior Citizens as I think coming on this site we all are taking that senimental journey. Thanks all on here for the memories.

• Shar

I always thought of that as being a Glenn Miller tune... but rekon a lot of folks did it... including Doris. At any rate it is a good 'un and now am gonna play it on YouTube.. by Glenn Miller :)

Les Brown and his Band of Renown, featuring a very young Doris Day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfaHeT0eRko

Youtube thumbnail

xx

Well - I was - then I gave it careful thought and remembered that it is only in hindsight that things look that good.

Back then ........... stuff happened that only time has partially erased leaving the blurred photographs of wonderful times where the sun always shone and everyone was young .........

best left alone and undisturbed lest we wake the ghosts that have forgotten us also !