Isn't it pure arrogance and hubris for some witches to refer to themselves as "Hereditary" witches?

...When everyone knows Wicca is a MODERN religion, and that there is no unbroken line of witch families? Isn't it a sign that they've been reading to much Silver RavenWolf and the SWEEP series? I've been a Wiccan for two years, I don't claim to be a hereditary or from a "family... show more ...When everyone knows Wicca is a MODERN religion, and that there is no unbroken line of witch families? Isn't it a sign that they've been reading to much Silver RavenWolf and the SWEEP series?

I've been a Wiccan for two years, I don't claim to be a hereditary or from a "family tradition" because I know there's NO SUCH THING. If someone calls themselves a hereditary I basically disregard everything they say, in regards to the Craft.

Who else finds this ridiculous and annoying?