Need to nickname a character! Name is James Jr dad is Jimmy, not fond of JJ or Jr. Suggestions?

I am writing a short story based in working class Buckingham Flats, MA. Need some sort of nickname for a 13yo boy named James Jr...the dad goes by Jimmy. I thought of the obvious JJ or Jay or Little Jimmy but not too fond. Any other suggestions?

Favorite Answer

JEMMY

Gender: Masculine

Usage: English (Archaic)

Pronounced: JEM-ee [key]

Medieval diminutive of JAMES

JEM

Gender: Masculine

Usage: English (Archaic)

Pronounced: JEM [key]

Medieval form of JAMES

• iV

How about: Jimmy's father was also a James, making James Jr the third generation of James LASTNAME. That way you could use the nickname Trey, meaning third born. It's not an entirely uncommon practise.

Probably Jamie (Jay, too) is the best, that way you don't have to explain why he's called that. Next best would be his middle name, such as calling James Earl Jones by "Earl" because his father is also a James (which is true, by the way).

Another practice is to pick a nickname based on the other family members' names. Such as calling him "Mork" if his sister is Mindy.

Good luck on your story.

James would be nice. Also Jett might be a stretch but sounds kind of cool. I don't know what the last name has to be but if you could do James Emerson Taylor Jr then JET would be the initials or you could use other initials like JAK, JUD, JEB, JAZ, JED etc.

Jay

Twelvy.

Best nickname in the world for a kid named James. :p

How about Jamie.. I've heard that used for James

Buddy...I have a friend who's is a Milton Emile Herbert III and he goes by Buddy!

Jamie

Jamesy

Jack

my name is james jr. and my dad goes by jim. people call me chewy because of my last name. call him "jamison" in a jamiacon accent