Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Is it wrong to not hire someone because they stutter? easy 10 points!!?

i finished my interview at mcdonalds, and the lady said

"okay well i still have a couple more interviews left, ill call you at 7 to let you know if you got the job, if i dont it means i picked someone else"

what are the chances of her calling me back? if she really wanted me wouldnt she have just hired me straight away? im 15 and ive applied everywhere, most places want someone with experience, but i finally got a call from mcd's and i think i blew it =( i stutter alot and most of the time the words wouldnt come out...could that be the reason why she didnt hire me? i didnt stammer because i was nervous, i was born with it, i told

im fifteen years old

• Sue C
    Favorite Answer

Yes it would be VERY wrong not to hire someone who stutters. But, I have a nephew who can hardly get any words out at all. His parents have done EVERYTHING to help him. Well, a word of encouragement, he learned the computer, he is the BEST. He happens to be top program er for Wallstreet Journal & ended up w/a fantastic job. Sometimes he has to write things down, other times just doesn't say anything at all. But here's a person who really has a BAD problem, but it sure didn't hold him back. See too if you can get interviews in person other than on the phone. This way you can face them, & also don't be afraid to tell them of your disability. That would totally be against the law not to hire you because of your problem. I DO wish you ALL the best...:)

It would only be wrong if the job position relied HEAVILY on social interaction/verbal skills.. such as a salesman etc

Micky d's is more the customer relaying to u what they want && you cashing in their money n gettin their food...

so it all depends on how micky d's views it~~ theres nothing at all wrong with a stutter!!~ noones minds 1.. its jus the matter of getting a job done quickly & efficiently :)

Best of luk luv

Kell xx

well dont let it get you down if you want help wth your speech

ask your parents to take you to speech therapist

it will help you alot

my sis had the same thing and she went to a speech therapist and it helped out alot and if you dont keep trying things out there your not going to get experience

keep trying and your efforts will come to you

im sure you can work at mcdonalds and stutter. i mean its mcdonalds how hard could it be