Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

How to end a first date on a positive note?

So there's 1 part of the goodbye that I'm not too comfortable with. I'll first say that I had a great time and all, but how would you offer her a second date at a movie a week later, without sounding too aggressive? I'd like to have some different people's perspectives on this. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

It's not too aggressive to ask for a second date. I actually think it's a really good idea - you can gauge her reaction to see if she's really feeling you or if she's on the fence. If you feel you both definitely had a good time, saying something like "Would you like to get together sometime next week and maybe catch a movie?" It's not intimidating, and if she looks really excited about it, you could set the day right then and there. If she seems iffy and she has to check her schedule, she might not be into you. Either way, I think it shows a lot of character to take the initiative to go the extra mile to show you want to see her again. I know I like being asked on a second date when I'm still only on the first one!

Listen bro, do me a huge favor and pick and choose the times you get advice from women. Successful men know more about what women want than women do most of the times. They are just different creatures.

You can take two routes in this situation. You can either ask her out there and then on the second take. Or, what I like doing which works better, is, during the date, talk about an activity either of you has always wanted to do. Then move on. After the date, perhaps a day or a few days later, call or txt her bringing this same subject up.

Pam: Hello.

Mike: Hey, it's Mike.

Pam: What's up.

Mike: Just on my lunch break. You?

Pam: At my grandma's house. Bored!

Mike: Nice. Hey, I don't have long to talk so I just wanted to call to touch base and say Hi. I'm gonna be busy today and tommorow, but let's get together for some go-karts on Wednesday. I remember you telling me you've never been.

Pam: Yeah, for sure.

Mike: Ok, well, I'll talk to you later then. Bye.

Should be quick and simple. I don't like commiting to the next date while the first date isn't even complete. Ask her out afterwards and once you two have assesed everything in your head. Hope this helped.

Give her time to reflect on the first date. Let the date feelings subside and in about 24 hours call and once again reinforce to her that you had a good time and ask her if she would be interested in another event. The worst is that she will say no, the best is that she will say yes, 50-50 is better odds than you can get in Las Vegas or Atlantic City. Offering her a date seems a bit one sided to me, however, maybe together you and her could decide on doing something without the offer.

How would u sound aggressive? Unless you punched her and told her that she had to go with you. Maybe u mean being too forward. Just say 'i had fun today, would you wanna do it again sometime'? As easy as that. You don't have to settle times and dates yet, you can do that by text or whatever later

I would say that you will call later in the week. Or at the end of the date I would ask her out again.

Well say I had a wonderful time and I would really like to continue to have wonderul times together so will you go on a date with me and then if she says yes say great I'll pick you up whenever she wants and give her a simple kiss on the cheek to let her know you really like her :0)

Glad to help!

~Eliza

Source(s): ME

you can always say "we should get together another time" it leaves the girl guessing when that time is and also it doesnt sound like you want to do something in the next five minutes, you can always say "call me if you want to do something some other time" that way it leaves it up to the girl to make the next move, you've said you wanted to hang around her more now she needs to be the one who makes it happen and you dont sound like a pathetic loser who is attached, girls dig it.

personnally i love it when guys, say "i had a great time, did you?" and when i say yes they smile and then hug me and give a soft kiss on the cheek and say i'll call you later this week. maybe we can go to a movie? and i'd say " i'd like that" and smile and wave good bye. short sweet and lingering! my favorite

hope i helped!

"I had a really great time tonight, hopefully we can hang out again soon if you're not too busy?"

If she's interested, she'll reply positively and then you can call her a couple of days later to set the plans in motion.

just say hey i had a really great time this week and then say also if you are not busy, would you want to go to the movie's with me next week? and see what they say