So my gf pursues some guy for 2 months,..then informs him she has to "date officially" for 6 months,..??

She says they've had 5 official dates,and are holding hands,etc.and he says he can't wait five more months,so they break up.I'm staying as neutral as possible,having never met the guy,but hearing the different dramas from her side on the phone.

Is this a lesson on how to stay single,or is she right?

Now I'm confused...lol on me : \

btw,yes they are both very much adults,in their 40's and 50's.

oops,hit that button twice.

Favorite Answer

Oh my gosh. I thought you were talking about a couple of kids. 6 months! rothfl I'll tell you, no man that age is going to mess around dating for 6 months first. For that fact, neither would I. They are going to know after 3 or 4 dates if they really like each other and if the relation ship has some potential. If they don't know by then it is time to end it and move on. And what is the "official" bit? What constitutes an "official" date? Your gf has some major hang up. lmao

Maybe they weren't meant to be together. This should inspire you, if you are single, to find a better person that likes you for who you are. And not some rule about 6 months.