Whats your Favorite thing(s) about the 80's?

Mine would deff be the Music.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

80's music 4 me

jj

• 1 decade ago

Lot's of things. But absolutely the music is at the very top of the list!

The 80's was a time when everybody seemed happy, and seemed to be doing fairly well. I know that it was definitely THE BEST decade of my life! Granted, there were some problems with the world. But on the whole, it seemed to be a time when people were not only open to change... But actually actively, making changes. Especially with regards to the world.

• Oh my!! The 80's!! don't get me started on the 80's! lol jk I love the 80's! I like the music too and the weird people lol

But the songs back then actually had a meaning. The songs we have today are so overrated

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It kills me how much youngins are into the 80's these days... dont get me wrong.. it is pleasantly nostalgic... let see.. what I loved the most about the 80's...

-Actually seeing real music on MTV (Phil Collin's "Land of Confusion" and Madonna's "Material Girl" video was on like twice a day).

-Guns n' Roses was still considered hardcore and people feared you, not laughed at you, if you were wearing a Guns n' Roses shirt.

-Skateboard ramps behind every grocery store

-Star Wars was still new!

Now .. What I did NOT like:

-No recycle bins

-That plastic ribbon that comes out of cassette tapes being littered all over every parking lot.

-Not being able to simultaneously walk around the house and talk on the phone.

-Hatred and fear of homosexuals due to the AIDS scare, which was brand new at the time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

OMG!! The Movies and Music!

So many classic songs, movies...and actors came from the eighties. For Example: Breakfast Club, The Goonies,Sixteen Candles,Pretty in Pink, Die Hard, The Brat Packers, Pat benatar, Simple Minds...Ohhh and the list just goes on.

And, I'm Not even a child of the eighties...i was BORN in the nineties.

• 1 decade ago

The clothes, the big hair and the music!

• 1 decade ago

that i was born in the 80's =) music too lol

• 1 decade ago

80's rock

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The style of many cars back then. Most cars nowadays look too much alike.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the hair!!!!!!

the makeup!!!

the music and movies obviously!!!

(born in the 80's)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.