Whats your Favorite thing(s) about the 80's?

Mine would deff be the Music.

Favorite Answer

80's music 4 me

jj

Lot's of things. But absolutely the music is at the very top of the list!

The 80's was a time when everybody seemed happy, and seemed to be doing fairly well. I know that it was definitely THE BEST decade of my life! Granted, there were some problems with the world. But on the whole, it seemed to be a time when people were not only open to change... But actually actively, making changes. Especially with regards to the world.

• Oh my!! The 80's!! don't get me started on the 80's! lol jk I love the 80's! I like the music too and the weird people lol

But the songs back then actually had a meaning. The songs we have today are so overrated

It kills me how much youngins are into the 80's these days... dont get me wrong.. it is pleasantly nostalgic... let see.. what I loved the most about the 80's...

-Actually seeing real music on MTV (Phil Collin's "Land of Confusion" and Madonna's "Material Girl" video was on like twice a day).

-Guns n' Roses was still considered hardcore and people feared you, not laughed at you, if you were wearing a Guns n' Roses shirt.

-Skateboard ramps behind every grocery store

-Star Wars was still new!

Now .. What I did NOT like:

-No recycle bins

-That plastic ribbon that comes out of cassette tapes being littered all over every parking lot.

-Not being able to simultaneously walk around the house and talk on the phone.

-Hatred and fear of homosexuals due to the AIDS scare, which was brand new at the time.

OMG!! The Movies and Music!

So many classic songs, movies...and actors came from the eighties. For Example: Breakfast Club, The Goonies,Sixteen Candles,Pretty in Pink, Die Hard, The Brat Packers, Pat benatar, Simple Minds...Ohhh and the list just goes on.

And, I'm Not even a child of the eighties...i was BORN in the nineties.

The clothes, the big hair and the music!

that i was born in the 80's =) music too lol

80's rock

The style of many cars back then. Most cars nowadays look too much alike.

the hair!!!!!!

the makeup!!!

the music and movies obviously!!!

(born in the 80's)