"Summer Songs"?

No- NOT songs that mention or feel like summertime. These are the songs that you can remember that were played SO often one particular summer that whenever you hear them, you instantly think "Wow! Takes me right back to the summer of __(year here)__".

I can remember a few, but not a whole mess:

summer of 2005- "Hollaback Girl"

2006- "Crazy"- Gnarls Barkley

1982- "Eye of the Tiger"- Survivor

• Best Answer

Umbrella by Rihanna - 2007

Hey, There Delilah by Plain White T's - 2007

Im not sure what years exactly, but here are a few.

Hey Ya - Outkast

Walking on the Sun - Smashmouth

One Week - Barenaked Ladies

Regulators - Warren G

Nothin but a G Thing - Snoop and Dre

Crazy in Love - Beyonce

Hard Knock Life - Jay Z

Down - 311

What I Got - Sublime

Those are the songs that got overplayed in the summer that I remember. Some are still good songs, but the bulk Im happy if i dont hear again.

This is the best Summer playlist I've ever found, it has every genre and over 200 of the best summer songs out there!!

http://www.imeem.com/mikeltrey/playlist/B_culUVB/s...

Here's the first 15 songs

1. Your Love by The Outfield

2. How Bizarre by OMC

3. Steal My Sunshine by Len

4. Sweet Honey by Slightly Stoopid

5. Fly by Sugar Ray

6. Walking On The Sun by Smash Mouth

7. Panama by Van Halen

8. Doin' Time by Sublime

9. The Boys of Summer by The Ataris

10. All I Wanna Do by Sheryl Crow

11. Flake by Jack Johnson

12. Runaround by Blues Traveler

13. All Star by Smash Mouth

14. Roll To Me by Del Amitri

15. Semi Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind

Heart and soul by the Jonas brothers California King Bed-rihanna For The First Time-Script Just Can't Get Enough- The Black Eyed Peas Price Tag - Jessie J ft. B.O.B Born This Way-Lady Gaga S&M -Rihanna Last forever- Iyaz Heartache- Justin Bieber E.T.- Katy Perry ft. Kanye West On The Floor-Jennifer Lopez Ft. Pitbull

Hi Fonzie,

One that really jogs my memory is Boston's "Don't Look Back". I remember the excitement surrounding the new album during the summer of '78, and Chicago FM stations jumped at the first opportunities to play the title track. Initially I thought the song - and the album - was a little disappointing, but I eventually warmed to it and now I think it's a solid, if unspectacular, album.

"Born To Run," Bruce Springsteen -- Springsteen rose to national success with this song, and although it didn't come out until the fall of 1975, its lyrics seem to capture that nebulous summer freedom of open highways so often associated with youth.

"Boys of Summer," Don Henley -- Though the title alludes to sport, Henley's sport in this 1984 song is pining over a lost love of summers past. It is perhaps his best-known tune as a solo artist.

"Brown-Eyed Girl," Van Morrison -- Morrison has evolved in many different directions, but 1967's "Brown Eyed Girl" seems the classic summer favorite, replete with dreams of a former carefree affair, and a chorus without words, only "sha la las."

"California Girls," the Beach Boys -- Sure, the Beach Boys have several summer favorites, but "California Girls" is an American tribute to the art of ogling at the beach.

"Dancing in the Streets," Martha & the Vandellas -- Is there a better beginning to a summer song than "Calling out around the world, are you ready for a brand new beat/ Summer's here and the time is right for dancing in the street?" The 1964 hit captures the exuberance of the dawn of summer.

"Groovin'," the Young Rascals -- A summer night, nothing to do, except spend it with your lover: "Groovin'" is that laid-back anthem to summer's porch-swing pleasures.

"Hot Fun in the Summertime," Sly and the Family Stone -- Sly's 1969 hit was both a summer classic and an expression of its time: from tight harmonies and joyously sung lyrics to veiled references to the "long, hot summers" of riots just past.

"I Can See Clearly Now," Johnny Nash -- This song spent four weeks at the top of U.S. charts in 1972. It's an accepted cliché to play this after a summer storm rolls through.

"In the Summertime," Mungo Jerry -- Mungo Jerry only had one big hit, but they managed to bottle summer's fun with their skiffle "In the Summertime." It rode charts for most of the summer of 1970.

"Let's Go Crazy," Prince -- This cut from 1984's "Purple Rain" offers an alternative to just lazing around all summer. "Let's Go Crazy" is the type of song required at all summer weddings.

"Locomotion," Little Eva -- What would summer be without a new dance? The singer was a babysitter for songwriters Carole King and Gerry Goffin when they penned this song, based on a dance Eva liked to do. Eva also sang on the demo, which was eventually released on the radio in 1962, when it hit No. 1.

"Low Rider," War -- If you're cruising to the beach, it's practically a law in some states to have this playing on your radio. Certainly, it makes you look that much cooler in your new sunglasses, that murky Lee Oskar harmonica in the background.

"Margaritaville," Jimmy Buffett -- This tune has not wasted away. If you go to a beach in Florida, there's a good chance you will hear this song while you're watching the sun bake.

"Master Blaster," Stevie Wonder -- Wonder's 1980 tribute to Bob Marley comes complete with a seductive reggae groove that puts you in mind of a steamy summer festival -- or a steamy summer romance. No wonder the album it came from was titled "Hotter Than July."

"Rock Lobster," the B-52s -- If your summer party is lame, throw on "Rock Lobster." Someone will hopefully feel the need to get up and dance to this goofy, '60s inspired hit.

"Saturday in the Park," Chicago -- It was 1972 when this song came out, but anyone who goes to the park today can relate to the images: "a man selling ice cream, singing Italian songs."

"School's Out," Alice Cooper -- If you've ever ridden a school bus, you must have heard this tune blasting from a radio on the last day of school.

"Summer in the City," the Lovin' Spoonful -- Released in 1966, a glorious year in rock music: The Beatles gave us "Revolver," the Beach Boys gave us "Pet Sounds." The Lovin' Spoonful's contribution remains "hotter than a match head."

"Summertime," DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince -- In 1991, this song unleashed Will Smith and his friendly-guy personality on the world. Entertainment has never been the same.

"Under the Boardwalk," the Drifters -- If ever a song conjured images of summer, this 1964 smash is it. Sex, the smell of boardwalk food, the sea, and a forever love -- what more does a person need?

"Walking on Sunshine," Katrina and the Waves -- This 1985 song is so uplifting, it's still regularly used by Hollywood to mark happy moments in movies. Clean the house to this song, and it goes by all the quicker.

"Wipeout," the Surfaris -- Even if you've never surfed, you get the feeling of what it must be like with this 1963 hit. Wailing guitars, wild drums, and one crazy guy laughing "Wipeout."

Bob Marley- Sun is Shining.... Every little thing... pretty much any Bob Marley song is summer time worthy!

Every summer of my childhood {ages 1ish - 9ish} is linked to that favourite album of mine : Fleetwood Mac ~ "Rumours"

The songs that stick most in my memory from those long drives in the car are :~

Second Hand News

Dreams

You Make Loving Fun

I Don't Want to Know

Strange, isn't it, that my three top favourite songs 'Go Your Own Way', 'The Chain' and {of course!} 'Gold Dust Woman' don't stand-out within my memories...

Two summers ago my cousin had a mix CD with Death Cab For Cutie's I Will Follow You Into The Dark on it, so I always associate that song with driving around in my cousin's jeep with that song playing.

Zedd-Clarity,Pink-Blow Me(One last kiss)- Beyonce (Run The World)-(Girls)-Carly Rae Jepsen( Call Me Maybe)-(Gotye(Somebody That I Used To Know)

Umbrella by rhianna 2007