Activites for a Breaking Dawn release party?

So we are planning a Breaking Dawn release party in our town but we don't have many activites. So far we only have a trivia game and a costume contest planned. We're also going ot set out the special edition of Eclipse so they can read the first chapter of BD. Does anybody have any ideas about what we can do at the party as far as activites? There are only going to be about twenty people. Also, food ideas would be appreciated too. I need this soon (The party is in eight days!!) so please hurry. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Food:

Blood Red Punch

Pizza (The only food Edward ever ate in the series)

Apples (On the cover of Twilight)

Pink Cake (Like at Bella's Bday Party)

Chess Piece decorated Cookies (Cover of BD)

Activities:

Play the game where you put a character's name on peoples' backs and and they walk around getting hints so they can try to guess who they are.

Another game- Who Said that Quote

Get people to make their own bracelet charms from wire, string, and beads. (like Jake's wooden wolf and Edward's Diamond heart)

Music:

I know you didnt ask but i felt like i should put it... use the playlist stephenie meyer has on her site.

Probably mostly 12-17, with some college kids and very few people under 12 or over 25, and almost all female (except for parents who are taking their younger kids)... I couldn't see anyone much younger than 12 being allowed to attend a midnight party or having either the patience or reading level to read all the way through the series, and in my experience people who are out of high school aren't as interested in the series, and people who are out of college tend to be even less interested in high school vampire romance novels OR midnight release parties for YA books.

• You could do a dramatic reading of the book. Choose a short section that completes one thought and make enough copies for each character to read his/her part (including a narrator). Be sure to highlight that character's part so that it's easier to read "on the spot". You could even make costumes to match the characters. As for food, I don't know the book so I can't offer ideas, but suggest that you use any foods mentioned in the book. Have fun at your party!

Hmm...you can have a discussion about predictions. Have the fans take a side of the room [team Edward and Jacob] and decide which one is better..

Oh you should have an apple display!? Because of Twilights cover...

Food, you could do Spaghetti Bella's always fixing that...

this is what we are doing in my store for the party: costume contest, t-shirt contest, debate for team edward or team jacob, trivia, bella's balance test( walk a line with a book on head), emmetts arm wrestling, twilight telephone, and a graffitti wall. for food i would do bleeding cake, red sparkling punch, red lollipops, or thumbprint cookies with red jam

Source(s): bookseller

yup :) ok, well i say do a contest of which guy looks most like edward, and or which girl looks most like bella, not in costume but in face.

You could do a debate Edward or Jacob. lol that's all I got

Ah. A release party for the Twilight Breaking Dawn book. I say you read something more valuable, more fulfilling. Say, something that will ADD to your LIFE. I recommend reading "I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell" by Tucker Max. Of course, go ahead, read Breaking Dawn, but I guarantee you that you'll see sky-rising satisfaction out of IHTSBIH. ;)

red, bloody punch for drinks, play clue. idk, pin the tail on the donkey!