Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 decade ago

Why do my games keep crashing when I can perfectly support them?

I just bought I game called The Settlers Rise of an Empire and for some reason, it keeps blinking or otherwise the screen turns black while game play, than back to normal, than the map starts having black areas which is incomplete terrains. I dont understand why. This game can be supported by cheap graphic cards and I have a 6150 le which is in the system requirements. (Nvidia Geforce Ti/FX/6/7/8 series so I can support it fine. My processer is better than what it needs so why does it keep doing that! All my other games work. Including call of duty 4 and my 6150 is not meant to be able to play it and it works fine! Age of empires 3 works fine and its the same game! what am I doing wrong. Im getting pissed with Ubisoft because i also bought another game from them that can support 6 series cards and still, a super low FPS. Why is it like this... please help

please help

Favorite Answer

Hmm... well I'm definately no computer expert, but when my computer started crashing my Sims2 game over and over, I followed the suggestion in the back of the Tech book.

What might be happening is that your virtual memory is being used up on background tasks instead of your game, so, as suggested by EA Games, turn off all your back ground tasks.

Here's how to do it: 1) Press Ctrl+Alt+Del and up pops the task manager. 2) Click the tab that says processes 3) Then click the subheading User Name 4) From there, you're going to end processes that are ONLY from the Owner, go ahead and end them all EXCEPT taskmgr.exe and explorer.exe I also go ahead and keep soundman.exe but I'm not sure if you have it or not.

When I do that, my game runs smoothly, for the most part. I just have to make sure I don't over load my system by doing too many things at once. If the problem persists, I suggest taking it to a professional or taking it up with the makers of the game.

Hope this was helpful! :D

I had a similar project, it replaced into an endemic in the sims 3 pastime, because it replaced into downloaded by utilising my buddy from some position. My computing device may freeze up and then i'd press ctrl+alt+delete and then get out of the game. Its a project it truly is undesirable on your mac or computing device.it may be an endemic, and that i imagine you should get it off your computing device if it replaced into downloaded from the web or something. to fix my project I deleted it off my computing device and acquired the unique sims 3 disk, and it extremely works completely now. sturdy success :) ;)