Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky Ohio in August

I am going to Great Wolf last week on August. Will this be slow season or still considered a busy time. Also, can you tell me your opinion if Cedar point is worth going with a 5 and 3 year old. What other things can you recommend to do?

• Joker
    Favorite Answer

Many Ohio schools are going back to starting after Labor Day like they used to when I was a kid so the last week of August should still see a decent amount of people. In years past (when I was the GM of a local inn) the last week of August was usually pretty dead.

The second question you ask needs some clarification. Are you also taking a significant other with you to CP? If yes then you are able to use the parent swap so you can ride the ride while the other watches the kids, then when you get off the ride the other person can enter at the exit and ride quickly while you watch the youngins.

Cedar Point is VERY family orientated. They have the Kiddie Kingdom which is a whole bunch of rides geared specifically toward children. Some of the rides look like carnie rides, but some of them were purpose built for Cedar Point. I'm sure they'll love the 4x4 ride in Kiddie Kingdom.

They also have Camp Snoopy in the rear of the park near the Gemini which features the two kid sized roller coasters Jr Gemini and Woodstock Express (which parents can ride along with).

New this year is Planet Snoopy which is near the middle of the park on the other side of the Coliseum from Kiddie Kingdom. If you've ever been to Cedar Point this area used to be Snoopy's Playground and was Bearnstein Bears themed before that.

In short, there is tons of stuff for your kids to do.

Other things in the are include Goofy Golf which includes go karts, putt putt golf and an arcade. You can also visit East Harbor State park which has a small beach and a great view of Lake Erie. For people with an interest in educational type stuff we have the Maritime Museum, Follet House Museum and Merry Go Round Museum (complete with indoor merry go round).

For food options, while they don't have a website, you should eat at the PTL Pub and Grub 1504 Milan Rd (419-625-7511). They have great food, spirits, beer and plenty of games to keep your children occupied.

The source link is a 3.8 megabyte version of the Cedar Point map