Can you believe Exxon paid more in taxes than the entire lowest half of wage earners in our country?

Exxon paid nearly 30 Billion dollars in taxes last year. The bottom half of wage earners paid about 27 Billion. One corporation paid as much as 65,000,000 people combined.

How much more should they pay? (Exxon, I mean)

boxingglo... here's my source. Sorry. Should have put it on there to begin with.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/63131-exxon-s-2007...

Double J.....If they're making "secret" deals with Cheney, why are you privy to such knowledge? Do share your source, please.

And since when are profits bad? I wish I had thought to buy stock in those companies two years ago.

Favorite Answer

In the real world profits are a good thing, only in the liberal mind is making a profit evil.

Exxon didn't pay any taxes. Last year or any other year. Neither did any other business entity. Exxon incurred a tax expense. Same as payroll expense, utilities, etc. That expense must be off-set in the price charged to customers so as to produce a profit.

They just reported record PROFITS. They broke their own record, set last quarter, for more money earned by any corporation in the history of this or any other country. As for the payment question, they should be made to return all of the tax incentives that they received from the secret deals made by cheney under the cover of executive privilege.

Exxon is good in my book.. but your facts are slightly misleading. The poorest in our country pay no taxes.. so even I pay as much as a whole heap of low earners.

• Max50

Obama wants it to even be more so we can pay more for gas.

Remember that when you walk into the voting booth ask who is going to be raising you taxes and who is not.

I can believe it because as these companies make more they pay more. So hopefully the rich will keep getting richer so we can work our way out of this deficit.