Is it just me or does there seem to be less bees & other insects this year?

So far this summer,there are fewer bees.I haven't seen a butterfly,a Ladybug or those shiny black beetles that eat destuctive insects.I refuse to use any chemicals,pesticides,or insecticides ever as a gardener.

Favorite Answer

yes! last year my garden was a bee and butterfly paradise! I am an organic gardener. I was wondering if it's the heat? It's been 100 almost every day for 2 months. I know there is a decline in general but this year seems drastic compared to last.

Yes, there are less bees this year. Actually the decline started in 2006, but lots of people are just noticing it, since bee populations are declining every year. It is called Colony Collapse Disorder- seemingly normal healthy bees just leave their colonies in mass. Scientists don't know for sure why this is happening--likely suspects are pesticides, a disease or parasite, and/or stress caused by climate change.

Probably depends where you live. I saw less bees and butterflies and ladybugs and beetles, but I got bit by plain old mosquitos the most this year.

• docimo

maximum bees probably thrive contained in the spring, whilst the flowers blossom and much less farmers and gardeners use insecticides. whilst they commence planting flowers around late spring, the insecticides they use harms the bees. Wasps are likely traumatic because of the factors changing, mating season, or possibly food is scarce, on account that maximum bugs tend to pupate around this time.

Yeah, it's the global warming. Bee colonies all over are diminshing, and you know they help us produce our food. I hope that scientist discover how to execute the issue, or we may not be eating nutts and suff for a while, or paying higher prices.

Source(s): Internet

Yes honey bees in particular are on a decline. That's why you see hype for them , ie. buy honey , those bee movies etc. As for other bugs , it depends where you live.

ive only seen 2 butterflies so far, and i have many plants that usually attract them.......also apart from carrots, my veg have been terrible!

I'vee noticed that too

OMG shut up there are so many spiders!!!!