How to stop illegal immigrants from voting in American Elections

In 2005, the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that up to 3 percent of the 30,000 individuals called for jury duty from voter registration rolls over a two-year period in just one U.S. district court were not U.S. citizens. While that may not seem like many, just 3 percent of registered voters would have been more than enough to provide the winning presiden­tial vote margin in Florida in 2000. Indeed, the Cen­sus Bureau estimates that there are over a million illegal aliens in Florida, and the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) has prosecuted more non-citizen voting cases in Florida than in any other state.

Favorite Answer

Bubbles, if you are not citizen you cannot vote or be jury

The drugs are affecting your brain very badly. Go see your doctor

Non-citizens do not have the right to vote.

It appears that in at least most of these cases, aliens who voted illegally might have done so "unknowingly" because of the enactment of The National Voter Registration Act of 1993 known as the Motor-Voter law ― which made the process of registering to vote nearly automatic for people applying for a state driver’s license or ID card.

Under this law, the information supplied by the applicant for a license doubles as information for voter registration unless the applicant indicates that he/she does not want to be registered to vote.

With driver’s licenses made available by several states to aliens (both legal and illegal), voter rolls now contain large numbers of non-citizens ― enough in close elections to change the outcome if those aliens illegally vote.

So the government in its *infinite wisdom* once again fouled up - but this issue can easily be remedied.

Anyone applying for voter registration who is foreign born should be asked to provide evidence of U.S. citizenship, and that information should be verified with the citizenship records of the Department of Homeland Security.

I find it ridiculous that our "leaders" still use the honor system for our elections.

My preference would be that every state require proof of citizenship (photo id and birth cert, or a passport), like Indiana did.

I'd also like to see voter registration lists checked against e-verify.

Barring that, I'd like to see public service ads that remind non-citizens that voting in a US election is mis-representing oneself as a citizen - which is a deportable felony. Even signing up to vote qualifies if that little "I am a US citizen" box is checked.

BTW - this new "spell checker" makes more errors than I do.

• ?

So please push for verification of votes, particularly in border states, after the reality. The addresses must be there to technique registration and after the reality verification would not bog down the flexibility to vote in the previous the reality. I used to think of people who thought illegals voted have been paranoid. Then i began traveling online boards the place I particularly have seen huge-unfold after huge-unfold on the unlawful side say that 'of course' they vote, as though that they had a suitable to. It makes me ask your self how maximum of the legislations of my own state, California, is quite ruled by the voters. I additionally ask your self why Democrats save combating any citizenship verification requirement for registration. A Senator tried to place that throughout the time of the Senate immigration bill and it replaced into voted down. Kennedy mentioned it would be too massive a deterrent on our elderly who won't have valid drivers' licenses. i'd say initiate requiring it for those below 70, a minimum of. besides the undeniable fact that, surely all human beings needs identity now, if in straight forward terms for Medicaid, and getting info of citizenship, once you're a citizen, is not extra stable than getting the different identity. i think of that provision ought to bypass back into what ever bill is particularly exceeded, if any is exceeded.

All states should require a birth certificate to obtain a license if the person doesn't supply the bc then put their status on the license as alien. Then at the voter booth require either a valid drivers license or a birth certificate along with SSN and 2 pieces of mail with current address. Easy

It's moderately easy to prevent immigrants from voting. Whether they're legal or illegal isn't really important here, I would say: they're not US citizens one way or another so they shouldn't be allowed to vote, yet sometimes immigrants -- again, legals or illegals -- seem to be under the impression that they can vote. One step is therefore to dispel that myth and scare them away from trying to vote by threatening them with problems with the law.

When you register to vote, you should be asked to show proof of US citizenship, whether in the form of a birth certificate, a certificate of naturalization, or a US passport. I can't think of another type of document that proves US citizenship but the list of acceptable documents should very short, and the vast majority of US citizens should have no trouble producing one or the other.

The downside is that birth certificates are somewhat easy to forge, but I don't think that immigrants care to vote enough that they would go to all sorts of trouble to create or procure a forged birth certificate.

Simple, require physical proof of citizenship before anyone is allowed to register to vote and before a ballot is issued to a voter.

roundemup getemout allow the govt agencies to do their damn jobs business,s that hire illegals should be fined for taking jobs away from true americans no illegals to receive any public assistance or schooling and to hell with the dream act illegal is illegal and republicans we the people voted you into a majority do YOUR DAMN JOB AND FIGHT BARRY SOETORO who wants to undermine America and her citazens

don't you all know killary is depending on ******* illegals to win in 2016, well if donald trump has his way this won't happen

I'm still wondering how my vote can be counted. Its a fact that many American votes were not counted in our last two elections. The Republican party is very powerful.