Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Are these Olympic games going to be the worse ones ever?

Even worse than the Berlin games of 1936?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No doubt about it

The Chinese should never have been award these games

How will the marathoners be able to run

Will they be wearing gas masks for 26 miles

There is no wind where the sailing events are to take place

How does that work

There is no water for the other boating events

It is all seaweed

What was the IOC thinking

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Not at all. The games will be great because the athletes are great. China is definitely a nation to pay attention to for the future and watching these games might be educational.

The Berlin Games, which were meant to be a showcase for the superiority of the German "Aryan" Master Race athletes, turned out to be a triumph for African American athletes like Jesse Owens and Cornelius Johnson who showed the Nazi theories to be the ridiculous lies that they were.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They will go down as yet one more embarassment for the IOC,who should never have awarded the Olympic Games to one of the most repressive regimes on Earth. But the IOC is so utterly corrupt that nothing can save them,they deserve nothing but ridicule. It is my sincere hope that these are the least watched,lowest rated,most ridiculed Olympic Games in History.Giving the games to China is a travesty,which lends them an air of civility that they have neither earned,nor deserve.What's next,Summer Olympics in Iran,or perhaps Burma?

AD

• romans
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

What else is new? Scalpers, pungent loos, heat temperature beverages, this under no situations, under no situations, under no situations, ever got here about previously! hahah Blame the terrorists for making liquid bombs. Now we are in a position to not placed across any beverages in take care of factors like airports or Olympic venues. rooster's Nest Stadium grew to alter into designed with counsel from Swiss architects. The Water cube grew to alter into designed with counsel from Australian architects. I watched some interviews with distant places journalists and that they stated that the venues have been first cost, much greater suited than in Athens or Sydney. definitely, that's between the main useful Olympics ever.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No. Why would they be? You are wrong about the 1936 games. They were historic and ground breaking because of the performance of athletes like Jesse Owens. And because it showed that the Olympic spirit was stronger than the Nazi propaganda.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Probably so. Have you noticed how bad the US has been athletically in recent years? How about the basketball team! Look at how poorly they have done in recent years! Athletes today are weaker, slower, and much less motivated than they where lets say: 20 years ago! Back then, you would see the US Basketball team destroy everyone! Literally! You would see scores like: 130 - 60. Athletes today are going down hill. They are afraid to play with something as minor as a broken finger. Back in the day; guys would play ball with broken bones all the time! We are getting more and more spoiled. Everyone they should be given recognition for their name. But they don't want to work for it. They want to stand around like they are playing street ball.

• 1 decade ago

The worst ones that i saw was the ones that was held in LA with that black singer gladys knight singing. Boy Talk about disappointment! even korea did a much better opening ceremony than you.

USA THE LAME DUCK

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I hope not i would feel horrible for the athletes that have trained as ahrd as they have to have it ruined by some stupid political ploy that some fat *** that would not even be able to grasp the amount of dedication it takes to get to the olympics.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, they'll be the BEST games ever - just like every other Olympics.

Oops, I see you've posted in the Politics section, not the Sports section; sorry, my bad!

Hugs 'n Kisses!!! '08

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.