Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

what do you think about to separate quebec to canada

there are two companies important in quebec 1 is CSA and other is bombamdier they have base in montreal the bombamdier companies makes aircraft bobamdier CSA (working in space) are based in quebec I think it would be unfair because the whole canada has cost us move forward in technology and that some men who only want to separate land all these high-tech projects was thrown away by a few simple man who you think

we need to be together for further progress

Favorite Answer

The Quebecois have wanted to separate from CANADA for a very long time to maintain their sovereignty of language and culture.

I am an Anglophone Canadian from BC and I have seen how the gov't has done everything to appease the Francophones in Canada for the past 30 years. Contracts like Bombardier and CSA and Hydroelectric power, Volkswagen and many industries were awarded to Quebec and not Manitoba or some other AVRO competing company. That is not fair either but it brought $$$ and jobs into a tough economy for Quebec. The rest of Canada reads and writes and speaks french to also appease the francophones too. To be honest, I don't mind learning another language and learning the culture.

We have to get along and be unified together as one nation with different and distinct parts. Just like the different parts of a human body. Separation will not make Quebec stronger but it will weaken the whole of Canada and mostly, Quebec.

Quebec should stay a part of Canada. The Federal government does not impose much on Quebec and they enjoy a great deal of autonomy, like every other promise. I can see that the differences between Anglo-Canada and French-Canada may lead some to think it would simply be better off to separate, but Quebec loses a great deal if they leave Canada, as the pooling of resources and minds is advantageous for all.

Quebec can't live Canada. Its impossible. They'd become a 2nd tier nation with an economy like Morocco if they did.

Quebec will never separate from Canada, I don't know why anyone takes this issue seriously.

They should leave if they want to but every past proposal has failed to earn enough votes. If they ever get enough votes then power to them.