What book can you recommend me reading?

Lately, i've read The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Sun and they really hit my heart! Also i like Jeannette Walls' Glass Castle,

da Vinci Code, and a book entitled Night (not sure, but its an account during Nazi).. Im not really a wide reader but it will be a great motivation for me to read when the stories are sort of like the above-mentioned books, something that would open your eyes with realities in life and with a lot of turns and twists in the story. thanks in advance!

thanks guys! i look forward to read those books you've listed. Twilight intrigues me though, is it really that good? well, i'll find out myself!

Best Answer

Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell will definitely catch and HOLD your interest...It has a lot of twists and turns, especially due to Scarlett's headstrong personality. So here's the plot:

It's about a spoiled girl named Scarlett who loves a guy named Ashley who does not love her in return. Ashley marries another girl but Scarlett still wants him to love her...Then Civil War breaks out and Scarlett has to deal with the sudden poverty she's in, during which her stubborn Irish spirit kicks in...All throughout the book, which is 12 years long, Rhett Butler admires her, spoils her, and truly loves her. She's unable to understand him but she appreciates that he takes her seriously and treats her like an equal. But she's unable to realize that Rhett loves her. The book is about finding true love and never giving up on something, even though you can't get everything you want.

The themes of determination, never giving up, and not being able to get everything you want are all very important. GWTW's not your typical dashing Prince Charming-meets-sweet-Cinderella story, which is one of the reasons why I think it's so good.

It's one of those books that you just can't stop thinking about after you read it...Or you see something that reminds you of the book and you immediately make that connection. It's a great book definitely worth reading, and it's quoted from a lot too...So it'll be great in school - especially in social studies class because it talks a LOT about the Civil War from the Confederate point of view. :) It kind of makes you consider real life and how some people think they way they do...And especially how to overcome struggles.

It's really good, you should read it. :)

I think you'd love Water For Elephants, Sara Gruen or The Memory Keeper's Daughter, Kim Edwards

The Secrets of a Fire King, also good by Kim Edwards...

other goodies:

The Road, Cormac McCarthy

Anything by Augusten Burroughs... Running With Scissors, Dry, Magical Thinking, Possible Side Effects, Sellevision, A Wolf At The The Table

I'm reading Dinosaurs on the Roof, David Rabe, right now- it's ok so far

Marley and Me, John Grogen, is a cute, easy read...

• asdf

Three books I think you would enjoy are:

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen - About a guy's experience in a traveling circus called The Benzini Brothers Most Spectacular Show on Earth.

The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson - This follows the story of the famous Chicago World's fair, and also follows the story of a serial killer.

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden - A look into the life of a geisha in Japan.

• Ralph

Here’s a fun and thoroughly entertaining list:

The Pact by Jodi Picoult

The Road by Cormac McCarthy

Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer

The Cider House Rules by John Irving

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway

As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner

Slaughter House Five by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Parable of the Sower by Octavia E. Butler

The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett

Atonement by Ian Mcewan

The Postman by David Brin

Stick by Elmore Leonard

What to Keep by Rachel Cline

The Lizards Tail by Marc Brandel

Vision Quest by Terry Davis

On Writing by Stephen King

Fire Starter by Stephen King (more thriller than horror)

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

Stardust by Neil Gaiman

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K. ****

I really liked the books The Other Side of Midnight and The Thorn Birds. Enlightening in a different way on how one can get way too overboard for someone who is not good for them and just waste their lives. Rather great entertainment to me. If you read the Thornbirds pay attention to Ralphs last conversation about the thorn bird at the very end. I felt that both books were wonderful entertaining reads.

The Time Traveler's Wife is also a really good book. It's well-written and interesting, the best book I've read in a while. It's by Audry Niffenegger.

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Anything by John Steinbeck and Ernest Hemmingway,

Mistborn by utilising Brandon Sanderson. it incredibly is a fable trilogy, and astonishing. The Gunslinger by utilising Stephen King. that's actually in basic terms the 1st e book of The darkish Tower, it incredibly is seven books entire. Tha darkish Tower is extremely like a horror/fable/western.

White Trash Journals, A True Farce by Daisy Black

Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer