Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

any tips on buying a new gaming pc?

i only have $1000. i do like to FPS ,RTS,and other shooter

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Alright, I'll assume that you prefer to purchase a prebuilt system as opposed to assembling one yourself. With that in mind, here goes:

Alienware is a great brand that builds high-quality systems. For $1099, you could get their entry-level Aurora model. The stats on these computers are very solid and you'll be able to run many of the newest games of 2008 at high settings. Games in the coming years (2009-2010) will definitely still run on this system, but you might have to make some compromises with the graphics settings.

http://www.alienware.com/products/aurora-desktop.a...

You might also want to look into Dell. Their systems come in at less than $1000, leaving you some money to buy games and/or other hardware components. In fact, if you go with the cheapest XPS listed in the following link, you could buy a better video card and power supply with the $200 you'd save. This system has an arguably longer lifespan than the Aurora listed above mainly because of the quad-core capability of the processor. Of course this choice requires a little more labor and handling of delicate hardware, but if you're up to the task, by all means, go for it. It's a very rewarding experience to work on your own system, whether it be a minor upgrade or a major overhaul. Further, you may void your warranty with Dell should you choose to upgrade it with the money leftover.

http://www.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx...

These are just two of many, MANY choices you have. I personally feel these are two of the more positive options, but if you shop around with these certain specifications and considerations in mind, I'm sure you'll be far more likely to find something you'll enjoy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.