Is it a cold sore or zit?

Monday morning i noticed a little red dot on my lower lip and at first i thought it was a cold sore that was underdeveloped. I put ice on it right away cuz i heard that ice helps prevent cold sores from growing or at least slow down the process. I just had a cold sore about 3 weeks age, so i do get them. But monday... show more Monday morning i noticed a little red dot on my lower lip and at first i thought it was a cold sore that was underdeveloped. I put ice on it right away cuz i heard that ice helps prevent cold sores from growing or at least slow down the process. I just had a cold sore about 3 weeks age, so i do get them. But monday afternoon, i was expecting a giant cold sore, but it only looked like a little zit on my lip. Tuesday it had a white tip and looked very much like a zit, but a bit more sensitive to the touch. and when i tried to pop it, it wouldn't pop. Then tuesday night idk if it popped or what, but the white tip went away. Now it just looks like a little red bump on my lower lip. I have been putting abreva on it constantly and treating it as a cold sore. But idk if it really is.
6 answers 6