Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Oldest Professional Football team in North America?

ten points for the first correct answer. BTW - i mean american football, and I mean all of professional football

Update:

The answer is the Toronto Argonauts. i said "North America" and the toronto argonauts were the first cfl team and the CFL is older than the NFL

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

According to the NFL website, the Arizona Cardinals are the oldest professional Football team in the NFL tracing their roots back to 1898 as the Morgan Athletic club. The NFL had its first season in 1920 ( the league was named the American Professional Football Association its first 2 seasons) and only 2 Franchises survive from that initial season, The Arizona Cardinals ( they were the Chicago Cardinals in 1920) and The Chicago Bears ( known as the Decatur Staley's in 1920) The Green Bay Packers started in 1921.

• 5 years ago

The Toronto Argonaut s of the C.F.L. is the oldest North American Football team dating back to 1873. It has had the same name since it s inception and turned 142 years old today on Oct. 5th, 2015.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

mkkk wats your problemmm

free speech hereee

+all the rest thought he was weird

ahole

• 1 decade ago

I'm too late, but it is the Cardinals.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

well if you mean "all professional football" then you dont mean JUST american football... unless you mean professional american football.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think it's the bears or packers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.