I Just had some body work done on my (Black) 2007 Civic, Now I see white SWIRL marks. WHY?

The Car looks great, the dent and scratches are completely gone! however, when the car is in the sun I can see white swirl marks in the paint...

I had a friend do it for cheap (only $450) where I was quoted $1400 to have it fixed... He said (the guy who fixed it) I just needed to have it buffed and it will look good as new?

Any ideas? is this true? What is causing this problem?

Favorite Answer

The swirls you see are due to the sanding and buffing after painting your vehicle. There are products on the market designed to remove these marks. They are usually referred to as "Swirl Mark" removers. Give that a try. Good luck.

http://www.sperryauto.com/

well the dent and scratches is a easy fix. get it done in a day if your good at home mechanic. the white swirls are from using a motorized buffer on the car and having it at to high of a speed so while waxing the car where he removed the dent and scratches i assume he burnt the swirl marks into the paint. insurance wont cover that and it'll be thousands for a new decent paint job. im pretty sure thats what it is. if its just a single panel they could take it off and just paint that which should be way cheaper than the whole car. that just says the guy who did it isn't as skilled as he thinks and you should probably get some money back for ruining the paint...

Source(s): spike tv they did a waxing special, me and my friends knowledge as we are at home mechanics haha

It's probably just showing through in the bright light...it's hard to make body work completely flawless.

Having it buffed would probably do the trick.

you get what you pay for.