What's a good crash cymbal?

I need a new crash cymbal for my drums, but i really don't know where to start in finding one. I need it to be pretty cheap, but still have decent quality. So if any of you drummers have any suggestions, that'd be rad.

Favorite Answer

If you want a cheap, but still decent one, try Sabian B8 Pros or Zildjian ZXT/ZHTs. Try looking around on musiciansfriend.com. Search in your price range, and then listen to sound samples of what you find on zildjian.com or sabian.com. Hope this helps.

We suggest the unique B20 alloy hand hammered cymbals that will match your own style and music. These cymbals each sound differently thus providing almost endless sound spectrum. This critical hand hammering step is absolutely necessary to create the fine nuances and depth of expression that your music would demand. We are an online retail shop for Bosphorus, Istanbul Agop, Istanbul Mehmet and Xilxo cymbals and we have more than 1,000 cymbals in stock, among them are a wide range of crash cymbals to select from. We have free shipping and free return shipping within USA with guaranteed lowest prices. Our customers try out cymbals at their own locations and they may return them free for a refund or exchange.

• Carlos

i think you should look at them in local music stores. Guitar center usually has a room full of cymbals where you can try them out. But you should try other stores too, my local guitar center never has anything so i end up going to a bunch of other places.

Zildijan, Sabian, and Paiste are good brands. Paiste are pricey though.

I personally like a large slow crash that has like a gong effect. I play Reggae, Folk, Indie rock. Stuff like jack johnson...that kind of sound so i don't want a really agressive crash that just blows up when i hit it

Zildjian K dark thin crash