good afternoon seniors . question on the scents you love the smell of , ladies and men please ?

with all the new colognes and perfumes out every year , do you and your partner have a favourite you have loved for years ?

i have always loved the scent of" chanel # 5 "on my mom . (i cant use perfumes )

on a man i still love the scent of " old spice " or plain ole "aqua velva "

funny as those products have really stayed popular for a million years , lol

have a fun day and thanks . d.

Favorite Answer

Me Too!!! The old ones cheapest and freshest!

I love just a nice powder fragrance after a bath too. ahhhh

F.F.F.

My mom always wore Tweed or Chanel # 5 when I was growing up & my dad always wore Old Spice. I still like the scent of Old Spice, as well as Brut on a man. I grew up wearing Evening in Paris & Hypnotique. Now, I wear Jovan Musk (cologne concentrate with the gold cap) It has a wonderfully clean & light scent & I have always gotten a lot of compliments from both men & women, on how good it smells. My grandchildren grew up with that scent & love it to this day.

I love the smell of Old Spice and its a cheap one ,Some of the After Shaves these days smell like ladies perfume ,My Husband bought me Estee Lauders Youth Dew ,because he smelt it on a lady at work and liked it ,I remember a perfume called In Love that I liked years ago and also I liked Tweed and Tabu all cheap ones ,

Favorite scents: my husband fresh from the shower, baby powder as I'm dousing a grandchild with it, coffee when my husband makes me a cup while I'm getting ready for work, puppy breath (b/c DOG breath stinks!), wisteria on a cool evening, magnolia trees in full bloom, Aramis after shave, sheets hung on a clothes line, mom's house at Thanksgiving or Christmas when there's a big meal on, cinnamon, apple pie baking, wet grass, fresh spearmint or rosemary, lemon balm, gardenias, honeysuckle and my old stand by "Youth Dew" cologne by Estee Lauder. I've worn that scent for almost 40 years and never get tired of it.

My very favorite women's cologne is Red Door. I love it. Second choice is Fire and Ice. Alien is also a magnificient fragrance.

For men, Old Spice is still wonderful. Also British Sterling and Stetson are great. Another men's cologne that smells terrific is Avon's Wild Country.

Can't stand sweet florals, probably since my Mom never wore them.

I still like Tigress, Woodhue, and Chanel #5 along with Estee Lauder's Beautiful and Muguet des Bois.

Hey, judyb: You can still get My Sin at the Vermont Country Store site: http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/jump.jsp?itemID...

I'm no where near as picky with men's cologne. Spicy, not sweet, is excellent but never, NEVER English Leather! (My men wear English Leather, or nothing at all. Nothing at all is so preferable! :D)

I love love love the smell of ADIDAS mens cologne!

I also love the smell of Irish Spring Soap (it's strong like a perfume, and smells manly (L)

On my self, I use Britney Spears (hate the girl! LOVE the smell!) I dont know what kind it is, Curious I think!

my 2 favorite scents have absolutely nothing to do with perfume. i love the smell of warm little boys when they come in from being out in the sunshine. Puppy breath is my second favorite. Nothing like the warm sweet breath of a young puppy. Call me crazy but those are my faves!

Source(s): I have 6 grandsons
  • sutra

I have had many favorites over the years but none that have lasted. Either I get tired of them or they stop making them. When I was very young Jovan made a Ginsing perfume that I loved but they discontinued that one. I bought Estee Lauder Beautiful for several years. but now I love Donna Karan Cashmere Mist.

I don't use cologne, only like an aftershave fragrance called Aramis. My wife uses Tova. My mother used Chanel #5 and my grandmother used Tabu. My father used Canoe. Don't think (or remember) if my grandfather used anything.

I was going to post a question like this myself and you beat me to it! I think today's fragrances, male and female, tend to smell alike: too strong, too musky. I still love the ones I wore in high school: Chantilly, Heaven Sent, and White Shoulders. For the mens: Old Spice, Canoe, Mennen Skin Bracer.