Pearl Necklace question?

One of my very best friends is getting married. She would really like to wear pearls for her wedding and I am going to buy her some as her gift. I'm a little daunted when doing online shopping as to what I need to be looking for. I want a good quality pearl but I have no idea if thats akoya or cultured yadda yadda yadda. The millimeters are also daunting. What size millimeter is appropriate. Shes a slim girl who has the vintage silent movie era good looks to her so large pearls would never do. Please someone help!

my mom taught me this.

your probably want and 8 mm, something on the smaller side but kind of a medium.

i dont remember which ones are more expensive, akoya is i think.

visit your local jewelery department store to learn more.

why would you trust an answer on line?

You should go to a jewelry store and talk to someone who knows something. I know very little about Tahitian Black Pearls, and they are very big. Fresh water pearls are smaller but not as high quality.. I think go to a store and talk to someone. You don't have to buy from them but they should be able to help you.

You also need to consider the color. There can be several different colors of white.

Go and talk to your local jeweler with your questions. If you still buy on-line you will know what you need to know.

simple pimple.

buy a pair that will go well sizewise with her dress.