Is there a good argument for Palin?

As a right-leaning independent, I found this pick foolish, and it pushed me squarely into the Obama camp. But before I rashly decide, am I missing some great appeal? What does Palin bring to the table?

• Bix
    Favorite Answer

Seriously, nothing.

• -RKO-

She brings limited political experience to the table. Politics is the only profession wherein "experience" is a negative. The more "experience" you have, the more corrupted you become - and the less attentive you are to the job you were chosen to do: serve the people of the United States.

Like Obama, Palin brings fresh ideas from outside the beltway. She is not a "Washington insider". She's not nearly as beholden to big corporations, wealthy elitists, special interests and lobbyists. Like Obama, she brings a naivety (if you will) to the table, which could also bring effective, refreshing change in the way our bloated, corrupted government operates. It's time to throw out the "Republicrats" who have a monopolistic, corrupted stranglehold on American politics and our electoral process. Obama and Palin could affect the changes necessary to destroy such a vile, evil political system.

I'd like to see the two "career politicians" scrapped, and replaced with an Obama/Palin ticket. This country is in dire need of political upheaval. The politicians have settled in like cockroaches under a garbage dump. As Thomas Jefferson once said: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants". Obama and Palin could be the patriots who could lead the revolution. -RKO- 08/31/08

If you are even thinking yu are right wing, you could not even imagine voting for a socialist that thinks the world is one big family!

Here are two factors you might consider:

She is the only person on the Pres. or VP slate that has actually been a chief executive of ANY type. Certainly 18-20 months of being a governor of even a tiny population is more and better experience than 143 days in the US Senate in which time NOTHING had to be decided, a 'present' vote is a cowards way out of making a comitted stance.

She took on corruption in the highest levels in her own political party and state government and cleaned up a situation that was akin to the filth political system of Chicago that put Obama in the US Senate.

Why fo you need to even ask?

I have looked, and found NOTHING she has achieved to merit running as Vice President. One historian noted it's the last experienced pick in 100 years for a major party, although I found Bryan for the Democrats in 1928 quite weak. She has nothing of note academically, no tests to forge complex legslation with an opposition party, JUST NOTHING!

It's really amazing what people are rationalizing this choice, tryig to ridicule Obama. No one is going to be fooled.

The female Dan Quayle.

An empty dress that cannot think for herself, but lets her fundamentalist religious beliefs dictate important decisions for her.

Insiders on TV political shows today said that McSenile wanted Lieberman, but that the power brokers talked McSenile out of that choice solely because Lieberman is pro-choice, and that is the primary reason Palin ended up the pick.

A choice further pandering for the female vote, they do not realize that 74% of American women SUPPORT the right to choose, and would never vote for a presidential candidate or potential president* who would seek to overturn Roe v Wade.

McSenile has about a 10% chance of living another 4 years.

• Dutch

She brings honesty and integrity. Strong family values, and is very proud of her family, not the least of which the youngest having downs syndrome The ability to attack the policies of other politicians and get a more honest government. She has had experience in city council, being a mayor and at present a Governor in which she has a 80% approval rating. She was a sportscaster and likes sports, has beautiful kids and a handsome husband besides being beautiful herself. She is in short as American as Apple Pie.

Not as experienced in Washington may be a plus. I still think she will handle herself very well with a debate with the arrogant Bidden.

YES I agree with you on this one. I think her issues that she supports are too much bias because she mostly bases it on Christian beliefs (I am Christian but I still think its bias). Though I do not agree with same sex marrige it is extremely wrong for her as governor to deny state health beifits to same sex couples because it doesn't agree with her beleifs. Health benifits should be available to everyone without prejudice to their beliefs, opinions, race, sex, etc.

And banning abortion completely is unjustifiable as well as pills.

But though she might bring some issues to the Table, what she can brin to that table could easily trumped by Sen. Biden and Sen. Barack Obama.

And have you wondered if she also represents Oil and Mining Corporations who support her and her party so they can use the resources in Alaska?

Why do you think it was a foolish pick?

Far more executive experience then Obama, (who has none) and she's going right for an executive job. She knows all about oil, and thus gives her experience for our energy crisis.

Do you realize what she's done? 88% approval rating for a great reason. She challenged Ted Stevens and did a dang good job with that.

She goes to congress, basically tells them that say suck, and refuses to spend money on a "bridge to no-where".

She's a conservative who believes in bringing up State government power and lowering the Federal government's power, she's poised, confident, and she sounds REAL.

That's just it, I think: it's a PICK. She didn't work for the job; she met McCain once first and then it was offered to her.

I'd feel more comfortable with a female candidate who'd gone after the VEEP slot like Geraldine Ferraro or leaped at the nomination like Hilary. Palin coming out of the blue, when we know nothing about her, to accept a second-in-command position just offered to her and call it "breaking the glass ceiling. . ."

Welcome to the Obama camp. Sorry we couldn't give you a better reason to join us than McCain did.

What Palin brings to the table is a win in November. Palin has more experience that Obama, Biden or McCain. She is the Governor of Alaska with an 84% approval rating. She single-handedly cleaned up the corruption of the "good old boys Republicans" in Alaska. She is a go getter and just what we need in Washington. There are way too many lawyers in DC just looking for a book deal and how to line their own pockets. She is real and will work for our best interests.

She will help McCain win the election and thereby keep Obama out of the White House.

That alone is a good argument.