Does anyone know of any good vampire books?

I being a huge vampire fan- have already read the twilight series, and I'm currently in the middle of a book called "tantalize" but i should be finishing that up some time soon. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

the anne rice vampire chronicles they are fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i've read all of them there are 10

Well, as an over-30 male librarian, I'm probably not the right person to answer here, as I've never read any of the YA vamp books that are out there. I can offer some suggestions of some vampire tales that break out of that mold a bit, if you're interested.

One of my favorites is "I Am Legend," by Richard Matheson. No, not that silly popcorn flick with Will Smith, but the original novel. It's very dark and perhaps a little more cerebral than the average vamp story, and the vampires themselves are not traditional, but it's a well-crafted story and the end of the story leaves one a great deal upon which to meditate.

David Sosnowski's "Vamped" was also quite good. A world-weary vamp tires of a world where the bloodsuckers are in charge and plans to end his un-life until he takes a renegade human child under his...er...wing?

Michael Romkey's "I, Vampire" was entertaining, if a little derivative of Anne Rice's vampire series. It did a nice job of conveying the potential joys of living for centuries.

Okay, I'm going on a bit here, but let me throw a few more good titles out there without preface: Stephen King's " 'Salem's Lot," Richard Laymon's "The Traveling Vampire Show," and Andrew Fox's "Fat White Vampire Blues."

Blue bloods by Melissa De La Cruz

House of Night Books by PC Cast

Vampire Kisses

Vampire Diaries

The Vampire Academy

Interview with a vampire

• ALEXIS

These are my favoreite vampire books:

Any books by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes are amazing! There is In The Forest of The Night, Demon In My View, Shattered Mirror, Midnight Predator. And then there is the The Kiesha'ra series: Hawksong, Snakecharm, Falcondance, Wolfcry and Wyverhail.

The Morganville Vampire series (Glass Houses, Dead Girls Dance, Midnight Alley and Feast of Fools) by Rachel Cain

Werewolves:

The Sight and Fell by David Clement-Davies

Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause

Source(s): Enjoy!
  • Joe

you may want to try the vampire hunter D saga...goes against the typical set of vampire rules and offers a different type of world (far into the future)

They are by a japanese author but I've read the 10 currently released in english.

Twilight, Vampire Academy, Glass House Series, Marked and Cirque Du Freak. (These are all awesome books!!! I've read them all.)

Source(s): (Look them up on wikipedia to learn more about them.) wikipedia.org

If you're into more gritty reading about vampires check out anything that Raven Hart has written. Or if you prefer lighter reading with romance then check out the Argeneau series by Lynsay Sands.

I haven`t read any myself but I found this site that might help you. (Bloody Bones sounds pretty good)

Theres a list of some on here. And has no one read anything. SHE ALREADY HAS READ TWILILIGHT!

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~vampire/vbooks.html#blo...

Source(s): Heres another: http://www.vampirelibrary.com/

Anne Rice´s books, starting with "Interview with a vampire" and "Lestat" (this one, my favorite).

twilight saga