How do I get my Screenplay out in the open?

Hey. I've recently composed a screenplay, which, if I say so, is quite good. The only problem is I don't know what to do with it. I'd like to give it legs. Are there any legitimate venues I can take it? On-the-Level websites, contests w/o entry fees, tiny film festivals, whatever.

I would like any and every venue I could take this to. I'm not looking for any delusional break, just a nice foothold.

List anything you can, the easier to enter, the better.

Thanks very much.

Thanks very much.

One thing to mention, though, is that cash and time are issues. I'm in school, currently, so an agent is out for the time being.

Favorite Answer

You get what you pay for. Most entry fees cover the admin and judging costs only. Free ones seldom go anywhere, and in fact, *may* just be a scam to get writers to pay a 'fee' later for feedback.

Research your market. Never send out a first draft. Wait until it is at least 3rd or 4th, so you have taken the rubbish out of it. Winning a contest is a good way to get noticed, but depending on how big or small it is, may not add up to much more than that: being noticed.

GOTHAM SCREEN 2008 Festival and Screenplay Contest

the following is a author wannabe who has no idea what to position in writing so she posts a question on "Yahoo! solutions" asking for thoughts with looking concepts. She receives a reaction suggesting that she write about a wannabe author who suffers from author's block and the author posts a question on "Google solutions." She receives a reaction there suggesting that she write "MSNBC" for help. She seeks help from MSNBC, who exhibits she attitude Fox information. She techniques Fox and is informed to bypass leap off the Golden Gate Bridge, which the wannabe author does. Her kin sues Fox, Fox sues MSNBC, MSNBC sues Google, Google sues Yahoo! and Yahoo! sues the useless author. feels like no one is satisfied at this 12 months's Christmas celebration.

find a WGA franchised agent to give it legs. : D