Will I got to jail or suit by downloading songs in limewire?

I'm just scary downloading a song from there cuz I heard about Jamie Thomas story and other story of people who got in trouble. I'm myself don't share songs just use to listen, also the songs that I'm listening totally are old and I don't think somebody will ever wanted to listen.

Favorite Answer

I DONT THINK YOUR GONA GET IN TROUBLE IVE BEEN USING IT TOO AND I HAVE ABOUT A THOUSAND SONGS. AS LONG AS YOUR NOT BURNING THEM ON A CD AND SELLING THEM YOUR COOL.

Definitely no. You usually only get sued or put in jail if you download a ton, like 100s of gigs of copyrighted material, or if you're the one supplying the material illegally.

Although if you get unlucky you can still face some legal issues. My friend downloaded a few movies and was charged a fine for it; small things like that can happen.

Programs like limewire are just surrounded by bad stuff (legal issues as well as viruses), I try to avoid it. Sometimes I use skeemr on songbird (http://getsongbird.com/) or download songs from youtube (using this program: http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/free-youtube-to-m...

I agree with the person that said "don't share". You have to check off "don't share" under the options section. From what I understand it's illegal to distribute copy-righted material but not illegal to download... it's like copying a song from a friend's CD, technically your legal, but I'm not sure about your friend. However, if everyone checked "don't share" (like cowardly me) there wouldn't be a limewire.

• kear

limewire has a be conscious that the downloads are actually not unlawful (yet they are) your buddy might desire to in trouble-free terms say that his cousin besides by way of fact the interest pronounced it wasnt unlawful and that he didnt be conscious of.

do you think the police could afford to arrest everyone using limewire?

• you get fined a LOT!

my friend did..

but just say u didn't know and they will give it to u as an warning

but yes u can go to jail

its illegal but click don't share and they i don't think will come knocking on your door and say your under arrest.

It doesn't matter..Lars and the RIAA d i c k s need their gold toilet

www.myspace.com/reckless559