History about Canada?

how would life be like if the Europeans had not arrived in Canada?

Update:

Writing a Paper for school

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A better question might be what would Canada be like today if the British had established a colony in the Quebec area before the french.

Would we still have a separatist party in Quebec today? Would we still have two official languages in Canada? I remember seeing a show about the last ice age in which they stated that Europeans crossed a ice bridge that covered the North Atlantic and arrived in Canada and that some of their descendants were still living here. This show was on either History TV or the Discovery Channel Canada.

Maybe the Six Nations would have expanded their territory and established friendly relations with the other Indian tribes across Canada. The country probably wouldn't have has much pollution as it does now. Who really knows what would have happened here. It's nice to speculate about how things might be if that hadn't happened.

Good Luck on you paper for school, I hope you do well on it. Have a great day.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Had the French not arrived, it was inevitable that the British would have arrived. Had that been the case, I think we all would have been a solid British colony from North to the Caribbean and from the Atlantic in east all the way to the Pacific. There would not have been an "American revolution" with a safe haven for the Loyalists in the northern colonies. But there also wouldn't be the strife between the Quebecois and the Anglos. It would have been different, but it probably wouldn't have been "better".

• 1 decade ago

It is suggested that the Iroquois Nation would have grown and advanced quickly to the point where they themselves would have discovered Europe! However there would not have been a great invasion as the same thing would have happened to them as it did to the natives in central America and with the Florida tribes.

They would have succumbed to the diseases of the Europeans.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It would certainly still be cold.....that about the Iroqouis would been dependent on catching up to Europe on thousands of years of shipbuilding technolgy. And unless they also developed gunpowder and guns they would quickly have wished they stayed home....They did not even live in Canada until the French and Indian wars. The Hurons did.

Source(s): Common sense. That is a pretty senseless question because it leaves open the fact they would still be in the USA. I am pretty sure there would be european contact in spades....
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It would have been Conquered and settled from BC East by the Japanese several hundred years earlier.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.