Why is it that when people honestly, earnestly, and faithfully pray for things, these things don't happen?

People pray for loved ones to be healed, and yet these things do not happen. Why is this?

There's that tired argument about God not healing amputees. But he also chooses not to answer the prayers for healing for all sorts of other people. Millions of people pray for healing for themselves and others, and yet these people still die.

Why is this?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Everyone dies, some day, God is Lord over that day and chooses it for each person. Even people Jesus raised from the dead eventually died. God has many times put off that day becuase of the earnest fervent prayers offered for someone, i have seen it happen many times.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Jesus' miracles did more than prove that Jesus was the Messiah and the Son of God. They furnished a basis for faith in the Bible's promises that obedient mankind will be cured in the future. These promises include the prophecy in Isaiah chapter 35, mentioned in the opening paragraph. Isaiah 33:24 states concerning the future health of God-fearing humans: "No resident will say: 'I am sick.'" Similarly, Revelation 21:4 promises: "[God] will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things [today's trials and suffering] have passed away."

This time is coming soon. We are in the last days now. And soon prayers for healing will be answered. But right now the focus is on more important matters as Armageddon draws near.

• Every single, solitary prayer I have prayed has been answered.

One must pray with all their heart, with all their soul, with all their mind and with all their strength.

If you cannot give your all, don't bother!

God does not always answer prayer the way we want Him to!

He is all knowing and we are His children. When you ask for something as a child, do your parents give you all that you ask for?

Source(s): Be careful what you pray for, it just may come true!
  • 1 decade ago

Oh Dear one,

We pray for God`s will to be done in every circumstance..

You (WE) are a natural human beings, and as such, subject to natural laws. This body WILL fade and fail. There is no way around it. You don`t take this earth suit with ya when you go.. BUT to be absent from this body is to be WITH the Father..

Peace and Blessings from Texas <><

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

God's will and purpose take precedent.

Even Paul prayed that his "thorn in the flesh" be taken away.

Paul eventually writes that God's strength is perfected in human weakness.

Many people pray for selfish reasons.

Pray instead for God's will.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Don't know about all people, but God has always answered my prayers, but then I only pray that he help me though the bad times and he always has.

• 1 decade ago

Everybody dies, and when it's your time, it's your time.

I have seen and known many people that have cancer, and given only a certain time to live and with prayers answered they are still alive and kicking.

GOD BLESS! AMEN! SHALOM!

Source(s): HOLY BIBLE/PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its a comfort thing. Delusional..but never the less it seems to comfort the to think someone other than reality can help them.

• 1 decade ago

Sometimes we don't know what iss the best for us. Me, as catholic, think that only God know what is the best for us and that is what he gives us, not what we ask for.

(sorry for my english, it's not very good)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

we all will die someday period ,just the way it is...death is the ultimate healing

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.