how do you make strawberry cheesecake?

Hi i'm really new to baking and well anything to do with a kitchen in general. After watching a cake decorating competition on tv, I was thinking of making a cake for my mom's birthday I know she really likes strawberry cheesecake and I found a recipe for marshmallow fondant, I know you can't put regular fondant in the fridge but I was wondering if I could put marshmallow fondant on a cheesecake and if anyone knows a good recipe for cheesecake I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advanced.

I forgot to mention in my question that I have a severe sulfite allergy so I cannot eat eggs, corn syrup,coconut or anything that has a sulfite level higher than 5.5. This is the reason I am attempting to make the cake myself.

• tracy
    Best Answer

Strawberry cheesecake is rich and delicious -- but doubt that it would need fondant. Now, if you wanted to make her a strawberry cake with cream cheese icing, then cover this with fondant ... well, imagine THAT would be very good.

Strawberry Cheesecake

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs

1/4 cup sugar

1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted

2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sweetened strawberries,

thawed

1 tablespoon cornstarch

3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened

1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

1/4 cup lemon juice

3 eggs

1 tablespoon water

DIRECTIONS:

1. Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. In a blender or food processor, combine strawberries and cornstarch; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Set aside 1/3 cup strawberry sauce; cool. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce for serving. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in milk. Add lemon juice; mix well. Add eggs, beat on low just until combined. Pour half of the cream cheese mixture over crust. Drop half of the reserved strawberry mixture by 1/2 teaspoonfuls onto cream cheese layer. Carefully spoon remaining cream cheese mixture over sauce. Drop remaining strawberry sauce by 1/2 teaspoonfuls on top. With a knife, cut through top layer only to swirl strawberry sauce. Bake at 300 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove side of pan. Thin chilled strawberry sauce with water if desired; serve with cheesecake. Store in the refrigerator.

Strawberry Cake

INGREDIENTS:

1 (3 ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin

1/2 cup cold water

1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix

4 eggs

1 cup vegetable oil

3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed

6 tablespoons butter

2 cups confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9 inch round cake pans.

2. In a large bowl, dissolve the gelatin in cold water; stir in the cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, flour and 1/2 of the strawberries. Beat for 5 minutes on the medium speed of an electric mixer. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans.

3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the layers spring back when lightly pressed in the center. Cool cakes in the pans on wire racks.

4. To Make Frosting: Cream the butter, sugar and the remaining half of the strawberries in a medium bowl until light and fluffy, adding additional confectioners' sugar if needed for a spreadable consistency. Spread the frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake.

And instead of using the above frosting, use this cream cheese frosting instead:

INGREDIENTS:

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup butter, softened

2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator after use.

EDIT: with your allergy, you probably need to find alternatives to eggs in recipes. Tofu is a good alternative, and this company makes all kinds of products for people with food allergies:

http://vegetarian.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm...

I also did a quick search on tofu cheesecake recipes:

Source(s): allrecipes.com Ener-G

I have a bomb strawberry cheesecake recipe that I got from Tyler Florence. Check it out! Just replace the blueberries with strawberries and you have the perfect strawberry cheesecake. Add strawberries in the cheesecake as well for more strawberriliciousness!

Crust:

2 cups finely ground graham crackers (about 30 squares)

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 stick unsalted butter, melted

Filling:

1 pound cream cheese, 2 (8-ounce) blocks, softened

3 eggs

1 cup sugar

1 pint sour cream

1 lemon, zested

1 dash vanilla extract

Warm Lemon Blueberry Topping, recipe follows

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients with a fork until evenly moistened. Lightly coat the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.

Pour the crumbs into the pan and, using the bottom of a measuring cup or the smooth bottom of a glass, press the crumbs down into the base and 1-inch up the sides. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.

For the Filling:

In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on low speed for 1 minute until smooth and free of any lumps. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and continue to beat slowly until combined. Gradually add sugar and beat until creamy, for 1 to 2 minutes.

Add sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla. Periodically scrape down the sides of the bowl and the beaters. The batter should be well-mixed but not overbeaten. Pour the filling into the crust-lined pan and smooth the top with a spatula.

Set the cheesecake pan on a large piece of aluminum foil and fold up the sides around it. Place the cake pan in a large roasting pan. Pour boiling water into the roasting pan until the water is about halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan; the foil will keep the water from seeping into the cheesecake. Bake for 45 minutes. The cheesecake should still jiggle (it will firm up after chilling), so be careful not to overcook. Let cool in pan for 30 minutes. Chill in the refrigerator, loosely covered, for at least 4 hours. Loosen the cheesecake from the sides of the pan by running a thin metal spatula around the inside rim. Unmold and transfer to a cake plate. Using a spatula spread a layer of Warm Lemon Blueberry topping over the surface.

Slice the cheesecake with a thin, non-serrated knife that has been dipped in hot water. Wipe dry after each cut.

Warm Lemon Blueberries:

1 pint blueberries

1 lemon, zested and juiced

2 tablespoons sugar

In a small saucepan add all the ingredients and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes or so until the fruit begins to break down slightly. Leave to cool before spreading on cheesecake.

Yield: 6 servings

Happy baking!

This easy classic strawberry cheesecake recipe is so remarkably simple to make, and foolproof too! You can't go wrong when you make this "berry" delicious dessert!

Ingredients:

Crust

2 tablespoons sugar

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs

4 ounces butter or margarine, melted

Filling

1 cup granulated sugar

3 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 eggs

1 8-ounce carton of sour cream

Instructions:

Combine graham cracker crumbs with 2 tablespoons of sugar and the melted butter or margarine. Press into the bottom of a springform pan.

Set aside.

Cream the softened cream cheese with the sugar and vanilla extract.

Add the eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. Add the sour cream, which should be at room temperature.

Pour into graham cracker crust.

Bake for half an hour at 350 degrees F.

Turn off the oven, leaving the cheesecake inside for another half hour.

Chill and refrigerate for at least 4-8 hours.

Top with your favorite fruit topping, garnish with fresh strawberries or graham cracker crumbs.

Out of those choices I pick Cookies and Cream, but I'm more into chocolate peanut butter like Reese PB Cup Cheesecake.

If you're new to baking don't start with cheesecake.

Source(s): ~The Fat Man