device manager xp profecianal?
My device manager is not showing the users, how can I get back my users in my device menu?
Also computer will ask me for password when I try to go to a different link, ( all links ) any webpage I try to go will ask for password
- ABdALv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
Could be a malware (virus, spyware, trojan) attack.
Have you tried the following?
1. Update your antivirus and antispyware definition databases.
2. Disable your System Restore [Start>All Programs>>Accessories>>System Tools>>System Restore>>System Restore Settings>>check Turn off System Restore],
3. Clean up all Temporary and Recycle Bins. Use ATF-Cleaner from http://www.atribune.org , or use CCleaner from http://www.majorgeeks.com/CCleaner_Portable_d5735....
4. Boot to Safe Mode, [restart, press F8, choose Safe Mode, login] then run your anti-virus. Clean/Quarantine when necessary.
5. In Safe Mode, also scan for spyware, or malwares using Spybot-Search & Destroy http://www.spybot.com/en/download/index.html or http://spybot.info/en/spybotsd/index.html Clean and purge when prompted.