Small business bankruptcy what are my options? will I have to file for personal bankruptcy as well?

I am an owner/operator of an Inc. trucking company - I had to sign a personal guarantee on the truck I purchased. High fuel costs & low rates are forcing me out of business. I will have to give back the truck in 3-4 months if things don't improve. What are my options? If I have to turn in my truck - and cannot afford to pay the difference - will filing bankruptcy alleviate that problem? Also - what if I can pay the difference - will my credit rating still suffer. Please advise.

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

The following is my opinion and is not to be taken as legal advice:

Because you have personally guaranteed the truck, any repossession of the truck will have a devastating effect on your personal credit as well. This also means that corporate bankruptcy will not relieve you from your duties as a personal guarantor.

Assuming that the truck is the only outstanding note on the business, the best thing you could do is sell the truck. If you can get enough money from the sale of the truck to cover the remaining principle and get out of debt without bankruptcy, that would be ideal for your credit.

If you cannot sell the truck, filing for personal bankruptcy may be the only way to get out from the debt, but remember that in most states they can still have action against you such as putting a lien on your home or whatnot.

Before going to any of these extremes, try contacting your creditors and see if they can renegotiate the terms of the contract. Most creditors will work with people because they would rather make some money than no money. Perhaps a slightly lower monthly payment is just what you need to get your business on track.

I hope this helps, good luck to you.

You should visit QUOTESDEAL.NET- I am sure here you can find the best option for you

RE Small business bankruptcy what are my options? will I have to file for personal bankruptcy as well?

Thanks.

Hello, I assume that you own a company. We are a freelance credit control company that uses professional tactical ways to reduce your debtors.As a new company you will require a credit controller, please take time to read what we do.

What we do?

1) We get your customers paying you more quickly, and help you to keep them paying promptly for future transaction,

the fact is customers don't pay unless you phone them up and ask for the money,USING THE RIGHT METHODS.

2) Another fact is that most small business owners or their staff don't like making these calls, or don't know how to deal with customer excuses for late payment. So we step in with our 5 year experience and manage the situation.

We can come to your premises part time and work amongst your team, Or we can save you money and work from our offices communicating via e mail, and telephone, Whatever way works best for you.

3) We never hassle or threaten when asking for money, are company moto is "BEING PROFESSIONAL BRINGS IN POUNDS"

Other services we offer!

1) Payroll

2) Business analysis. We are trained business analyst that can help you identify ways to improve your procedures that are giving your customers the opportunity to pay late,and ways to reduce costs.

3) We Offer training for staff for - better debt collecting procedures

- accounting packages MYOB and Quickbooks

If you are interested please contact me for a free consultation, on 07944804119 - or you can e-mail us at debtorcrushers@live.co.uk

you ought to in all probability see a financial disaster lawyer. by itself, "no longer making sufficient funds" isn't sufficient to get you out of the hire. without the protection of a financial disaster submitting, you are able to lose.