Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

Can I be self employed with a Masters in Counseling? Also if I work for an organization, what is the wage?

Can a masters in counseling (with an undergrad of psychology major) be qualification for mental health or family services?

I know I will have to look into things for my area, but just wondering if anyone knows or has experience with this Masters degree?

Favorite Answer

Yes you can be self employed.

Median annual earnings of wage and salary educational, vocational, and school counselors in May 2006 were $47,530. The middle 50 percent earned between $36,120 and $60,990. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $27,240, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $75,920. School counselors can earn additional income working summers in the school system or in other jobs. Median annual earnings in the industries employing the largest numbers of educational, vocational, and school counselors were as follows:

Elementary and secondary schools $53,750

Junior colleges 48,240

Colleges, universities, and professional schools 41,780

Individual and family services 32,370

Vocational rehabilitation services 31,340