Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What makes Sarah Palin think that the Alaskan Oil Pipeline was "God's will" ?

Does she have a special telephone line to God or something?

"I do my part in doing things like working really, really hard to get a natural gas pipeline; about a 30 billion dollar project that's going to create a lot of jobs for Alaskans because it will have a lot of energy flowing through here. And pray about that also. I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies, so pray for that. "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS_VduCWhzM

Youtube thumbnail

Favorite Answer

I can see how you might have interpreted that part of her speech in that way, but when I heard it, that is not how I perceived it. All I heard was that she simply stated (paraphrased) that it was God's will to unify people and companies, and that the Pipeline was one way (among many) to do that.

While it is true (in deference to xaxorm) that politicians will say almost anything depending on who their audience is, does being a politician make it any less true? No.

• xaxorm

Politicians have to justify spending taxpayer money. Religious people say that everything THEY want is God's will. It's like saying the boss agrees with you. The rubes are more likely to go along.